Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Smackdown Live Reax - 1/1/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live.
- New Day promo:
I love New Day's references.

Not sure if it's the best idea to tease the Universal Champion not being at WrestleMania.

I was going to say New Day should be guest GMs, but that would potentially overexpose them.

- Joe vs. Jeff:
It's REALLY weird seeing Jeff go for a Figure Four given his usual strategies.

Fine work so far.

And now the leg strategy is completely out the window.

Clever from Joe, but REALLY dumb officiating. He should have counted Jeff out.

Not bad at all.

- Vince/Shane/AJ:
AJ trying to be badass is really forced.

At least AJ's getting some attention.

- Rusev/Lana/Nakamura:
Rusev is fun.

A bacon flavored cinnamon bun sounds disgusting.

I figures Shinsuke would be glad he doesn't have any responsibilities now that he's lost the championship.

Ooooohhhhh. Poor Lana.

I hope this doesn't end with Lana pinning Shinsuke in a handicap match. I have a bad feeling it might. The difference between that and, say, Ronda Rousey beating up Baron Corbin, is that Ronda's a badass and Corbin's not worth protecting. Lana, who's mostly a non-wrestler, pinning Shinsuke would be more detrimental.

- Naomi vs. Sonya:
Mandy throwing so much shade.

Good work here.

Hahaha.

SONYA WITH A WIN THANK GOD.

- Orton/Rey/Ali:
I expect Orton will be world champion again at some point.

I'm glad Rey has goals.

The "heart" thing was a little forced from Ali.

- Resolutions:
Wow, Shelton, that really escalated.

- Joe promo:
I like this direction.

- Cena/Becky/Almas/Vega:
Cena can still cut good promos.

Haha self-aware Cena.

Ooooohhhh interesting.

WWE is trying a little hard with "THE MAN" branding. I don't remember Stone Cold throwing "Austin 3:16" into every promo for months.

I DEFINITELY like Becky not just wanting to be bigger than Charlotte, but also Cena.

See, that Nikki burn wasn't as vicious since Cena had already dunked on himself.

I like heel Vega.

I didn't care for that shot at Almas.

- Cena/Becky vs. Almas/Vega:
I like Becky wanting to go after Almas.

Almas vs. Cena could be fun as a singles match.

Almas is REALLY smooth.

HAHAHA Becky stealing the spotlight.

Very fun.

- Post-match:
WHAT A SUPER COOL REBEL BADASS SHE'S THE NEXT STONE COLD!!!!!

- Shane/Miz:
Wow Miz comes across as sad here.

- Wrestlers allegedly coming to the main roster soon:
It'd be nice to hear something more concrete soon.

- HHH/Asuka/Charlotte/Carmella/Becky:
Kind of odd HHH is asking the champion about who should face her.

I love when people just happen to be nearby for something like this. Sorry, IIconics, you weren't in the right part of the arena to get attention.

- Joe vs. AJ vs. Orton vs. Rey vs. Mustafa:
I love this chaos.

This is pretty intense.

I liked the Ali/Rey spot.

Mustafa definitely fits in with the others here.

This is NICE.

That was a lot of fun. A Rey/Joe feud could be fun.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment