Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 1/15/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Becky/New Day/HM:
I like this start to things.

I'm fine with the NXT names appearing on both shows so we can get used to them.

- Becky/Asuka/IIconics:
There are definitely a lot of people trying to mimic The Man's success with "worked shoot" social media promos.

Becky pointing out what others wouldn't about Asuka's last year.

Not super surprised Asuka isn't cutting a long promo.

The Man thing is getting a little forced.

Fine start to the show.

- Becky vs. Peyton:
Fun work so far.

Now they're really putting the NXT names in everything.

Hey, Peyton's getting more ring time than one would expect. Another opportunity after the change promo.

That was pretty solid!

- Post-match:
They really need to make sure Asuka has enough lines in English. I don't expect her to sound like a native speaker, but it would benefit her to learn more.

- Asuka vs. Billie:
Funny to see Asuka try Becky's finisher and fail at it.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
I mean Bryan's not wrong about the unhealthiness.

Wow. Convenient of Bryan to be there!

I hope their Rumble match is Falls Count Anywhere given this work.

- Usos backstage:
OK that was actually pretty funny.

- Andrade/Zelina:
These two have something pushable.

- Joe vs. Ali:
Yeah this is why you stay on 205 Live!

- Sonya/Mandy:
I low-key want to see Sonya try to steal someone's girlfriend.

- Rey/Cross:
OK it's pretty funny to see them put NXT names in segments for the heck of it.

- Joe interview:
That was pretty cool. I hope Mustafa wants revenge.

- Rey vs. Almas:
Good work early.

Smooth. I hope Almas can be a success.

NICE. These two excel together.

This is delivering. Count Andrade as another name getting opportunities after the McMahon promo.

Very impressive work here.

I love Zelina. She's really made herself indispensable.

Pretty fun!

- Jimmy/Mandy/Naomi:
Wow I hope the people who wanted to see the women be eye candy are watching this.

That hotel is going to be UPSET!!!

- Shane birthday:
This is a thing that's really happening.

I'm not sure if this is amazing or terrible.

Pheeeewwwww that went on a while before The Bar got involved.

HAHAHAHAH it is telling none of the McMahons or Shane's wife attended.

Wow, Shane. Volunteering Miz like that.

Maybe Shane will be the heel after all!

- Sheamus vs. Miz:
Nice so far.

I was wondering when someone would be a victim of the cake!

Fun enough.

- Post-match:
Hahahhaah. This show's something else sometimes.

-- 205 Live:
- Drake promo:
I like these little intros. Definitely better than long McMahon promos.

- Lio promo:
Ahhhhh I wish WWE would let more people have promos like this instead of scripting everything.

- Lio vs. Lince:
Nice start.

I'm liking this.

OOOOOH that missed Asai Moonsault.

This is really solid.

That triple moonsault spot was really special.

These two work together really smoothly.

Nice win.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAH the heel attacking the face even after a win!

- Noam/Nese:
Hahaha Dar's fun.

- Drake/TJP:
I hope he's got something fresh coming up.

- Chaellnger promos:
I'm glad to see hype men return.

- Buddy vs. Carrillo:
Well this is fun.

Humberto's putting in a lot here.

Wow. I can see the Humberto hype.

I like how these two styles mesh.

Ahhhh vintage heel spot with the fake injury.

Humberto looked like gold in that one. Great match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment