Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Raw Reax - 7/8/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Elimination match:
-- Seth/Becky vs. Andrade/Vega:
Of course we're still doing the elimination match/multiple falls thing.

Well at least Vega's getting to wrestle for real.

Nice work so far.

Fun while it lasted.

Wait, I guess it's not really an elimination match if Becky can't continue.

Wow Becky just attacked an audience member unprovoked!

-- Seth vs. Andrade:
It is great to see these two more or less let loose.

But... the women were eliminated?

Ha. I wonder if Andrade hitting Becky was a response to Sami vs. Tessa at Slammiversary?

That was pretty fun.

- Post-match:
I mean Becky should hardly expect otherwise after that unprovoked attack in the crowd!

- Baron/Lacey:
Honestly I like this pairing. Each of them benefits from having someone to play off of.

- Heyman promo:
Interesting hype.

- LMS at Extreme Rules:
Now that could be a lot of fun. I was kind of hoping for an Ambulance Match but those are kind of gimmicky.

- Shane/Drew:
Oh I like the idea of giving Roman the worst possible partner.

- Usos promo:
I'm glad to see each match having some hype beforehand instead of being thrown out could.

- Usos/Miz vs. Revival/Elias:
-- Fall One:
I was kind of expecting Elias to be Roman's partner. Maybe not?

Fine start.

-- Fall Two:
I like this tag action.

I liked all of that. Good work all around.

-- Fall Three:
Pretty fun.

- 24/7 shenanigans:
I'm enjoying this, as silly as it is.

I unironically love this title.

- More Shane/Drew:
This could be funny.

- Rey/Lashley:
I mean you'd think he'd want a shot at the U.S. Title he had to give up?

Odd choice after what he went through last week.

- Rey vs. Lashley:
Fun while it lasted, but I question the scenario.

- Post-match:
I love Lashley looking to do what he did to Braun.

That was cool.

Great work.

- Club interview:
What, they were supposed to give all the answers just like that?

- Cesaro vs. Jose:
Hey, Jose made it to TV! His social media campaign must have worked.

A little surprised to see Jose show that much aggression.

Well. That was effective.

- Profits promo:
Interesting use of the champs.

- Kanellises:
YIIIIIIIKES this is bad. I hope there's something good coming from it.

- Bayley/Nikki interview:
I've really loved Nikki's character.

This is fun.

Nice hype for later.

- Truth/Carmella:
Fun for what it was.

- Raiders squash:
Ahhhhh I love the power on display.

- Post-match:
I like this tying into the 24/7 chase. WWE has done a better job of making the show feel like a cohesive whole.

- Roman interview:
The Big Dog doesn't sweat Shane and Drew.

- Ricochet/Club:
Good words from Ricochet.

I definitely like this side of AJ and friends.

- Ricochet vs. Gallows:
Solid work here.

Nice enough.

- Post-match:
I was wondering if we'd get Ricochet vs. Karl.

- Ricochet vs. Anderson:
Impressive stuff as always from Ricochet.

Really amazing stuff.

Good work!

- Post-match:
So, I'm glad Ricochet beat those two, but also glad they don't look COMPLETELY useless with this followup.

Looks like the brainbuster is OK now.

That was cool. AJ has a good edge now.

Big improvement for these characters.

- 24/7 shenanigans:
Ha. Too soon for a celebration.

- Shane/Drew/Janitor:
YESSSSSS.

Oh this could be really fun. Heck, if this were the early '90s, he'd be a regular character.

- Bayley vs. Logan:
This is nice.

Wowww. Impressive finisher.

- Nikki vs. Dana:
Hahaha the fix is in!

Solid for the time it had.

- Post-match:
This is weird. It's almost like Alexa's still recovering or something.

I liked that work.

- More Kanellises:
This is TERRIBLE.

- Seth/Becky interview:
I do like Corey stirring the pot.

Haha Becky running that relationship.

- More Profits:
I mean I like the PPV hype.

- Shane/Drew promo:
Good stuff from Drew.

This main event is going to be memed so hard.

- Shane/Drew vs. Roman/Gary:
Whaaaaaattttttt Gary's got moves.

Oh. Well. Back to being janitor, I guess.

- Post-match:
Oh hey I remember him.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment