Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Raw Reunion Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Cena/Usos/Rikishi/Revival/D-Von:
Wow they're definitely kicking things off big.

I miss Doctor of Thuganomics Cena.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Cena playing with fire (like his upcoming movie).

Cena and Rikishi have actually had matches in the past.

Hmmm I'm curious what would have been different if Bubba appeared.

- Hogan/Jimmy:
I don't see that ending well for Hulk.

- Usos vs. Revival:
Unironically want to see these two teams work with the Dudleys.

I like this so far.

I like this action.

Rikishi vs. D-Von when?

Fine enough.

- Alicia/Dana/Kaitlyn/Torrie/Santino/Drew:
The thing about these shows is that so many segments are just a bunch of people thrown together.

Cobra for 24/7 Champ.

- Truth/Carmella/Drake/Godfather:
Obviously this is a better way for Renee to get on Raw than her wrestling career.

NEW CHAMP! NEW CHAMP! NEW CHAMP!

Definitely didn't expect Charly to be excited for the train. Probably not the best message for WWE trying to appeal to women.

- Drew/Cedric:
Yeah I hope Cedric helping Roman was worth it!

See Drew's trying to kick Cedric's ass and Cedric's flipping off the apron.

OUCCCHHHHHHH that apron bump.

- Drake/Boogeyman/Patterson:
It's still amazing to me that Boogeyman was a thing.

Oh I love The Stooges.

- Raiders promo:
Fine enough.

- Raiders vs. Hawkins/Ryder:Nice so far.

Fine to showcase what the Raiders can do.

- Kanellises/Eve/Bischoff/Simmons:
Well there's your acknowledgement of Bischoff running SDL.

More shoehorned cameos.

- OC promo:
OHHHHHH that's what O.C. is. I can get behind it. Less generic than The Club.

Seth vs. AJ could be fun, but it will probably end with Karl and Luke being bounced around by older guys.

- More 24/7 shenanigans:
You had to have seen Gerald winning.

Good times.

- Joe/Roman:
I swear everyone is doing the worked shoot "this show sucks" thing now.

Looks like this feud's picking back up.

I'm fine with this.

Good work to set a match up, and for once the heel didn't get away!

- Joe vs. Roman:
I'm shocked more people don't just move out of the way of the suicide dive.

That was fun while it lasted. This could be really solid with more time.

- MizTV:
I'm surprised no one else wants to do their own talk show.

Interesting framing of things by Seth.

Ohhhh I get it now with Brock doing to Seth what Seth did with Brock.

Seth vs. Heyman would be fun.

I like Seth establishing himself.

- Zayn/Rey/Angle:
Oh fans are already staying home Sami, trust me.

Oh look it's legend Rey Mysterio. I wonder what he's up to these days.

Rey vs. Sami could be fun.

- More 24/7 shenanigans:
OK Melina becoming a ref was pretty clever. I guess it takes some serious training.

Wild stuff.

- Rey vs. Sami:
Good so far.

I like how these two work together.

Whoaaaaaaaaa didn't expect RVD here. That's pretty awkward with him working Slammiversary.

Ahhh I liked Rey using RVD's finisher.

- Profits promo:
Hahaha the blatant RVD weed references.

- Even more 24/7 shenanigans:
Hahaha poor Alundra is always going to be known for the trash can incident.

This is crazy. Weird that that title change counts when DiBiase buying Andre's title didn't.

- AJ vs. Seth:
Good work early.

Nice back and forth.

Yeah can't say I'm surprised there are cameos here.

Fun while it lasted.

- Post-match:
I actually kind of want to see Seth and DX vs. OC now.

DX and nWo just casually hanging out.

I was wondering if they'd mention Billy.

- DiBiase/Drake:
Whoa how many title changes were there in the limo?

- Foley/Bray:
Yeah the 24/7 Title has really grown on people since it was first introduced.

Well at least that segment had some meaning.

- Moment of Bliss:
Honestly Natalya challenging just feels like a way to pop Canada.

I do like Becky bringing up the Ronda/Natalya relationship.

Fun enough.

- Natalya interview:
Fine enough.

- Even more 24/7 shenanigans:
Classic.

Truth just abandoning Carmella. Wow.

- Braun promo:
I like it!

- Braun squash:
I enjoyed that.

- Toast:
I mean it is kind of fun to see the legends together.

Kind of cheesy. This would be cool at AXXESS or something.

Looks like we've got some podcasts coming.

Well that existed.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment