Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 7/30/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown Live and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Shane announcement:
Looks like the Shane thing might wrap up at Summerslam. That's frankly a surprise.

- Owens/Drew:
I like this fire from Owens.

Hahaha I like McIntyre taking advantage.

- Drew vs. Owens:
Pretty good so far.

Good physicality here.

These two work together quite well.

Oh. Well. Interesting the pop-up powerbomb is still a thing and only results in a two count.

That was pretty fun!

- Dolph interview:
Yeah we're not far from Dolph losing to an older, semi-retired wrestler.

- Ember/Bayley:
I like Bayley's seriousness here. She's been condescending lately.

- Black promo:
This continues to build intrigue.

- Ember/Bayley vs. Alexa/Nikki:
Good work so far.

I liked that, although you'd think they'd want Ember to get a win going into Summerslam. What are Alexa and Nikki doing that needs them to be protected?

- Post-match:
Yeah these two aren't friends.

- Sami interview:
I mostly liked that, other than the insinuation Black doesn't live up to the hype. Should be a good match, though.

- Bryan/Rowan:
Yeaaaah no idea what's going on with this one. I hope there's a meaningful conclusion.

- King's Court:
I liked the setup for Trish having a final match.

Right? This show definitely needed a queen.

I'm enjoying Charlotte here.

Pretty good overall.

- OC promo:
Good enough to keep establishing them.

- Fun House:
I can only imagine the meeting where this stuff got pitched.

Pretty crazy/fun.

- Seth update:
I like the followup to an important happening.

- Finn vs. Dolph:
Solid so far.

These two play off each other well.

They've done a good job making The Fiend creepy.

Losing to Dolph is scary, too.

- Ali vs. Shinsuke:
I really like Ali taking it to him here.

Good work here.

Nice counter to the Kinshasa.

Nice work!!

- Randy interview:
I love this perspective.

Ahhhh Ali as the new Kofi I love it.

This has been great.

I enjoy this side of Orton.

- New Day promo:
Not bad, although it is hard to take Kofi seriously as a top act with all this silliness.

- Kofi vs. AJ:
Wow look at all these titles! On paper this should be a really big deal.

Smooth start.

Pretty solid.

I'm liking this.

Just a matter of time before we get tag champs vs. tag champs.

That was a hell of an ending.

- Roman interview:
Well that was weird as hell. WWE is an unsafe working environment!

-- 205 Live:
- Main Event announcement:
Well you don't need a contract for an unsanctioned match.

- Tozawa/Kendrick vs. Singhs:
Fine so far.

I like the teamwork from Akira and Brian.

This is kind of a showcase for the faces.

Ha. I like the use of the award.

Good work.

- Humberto video:
They've built him pretty well.

- LHP interview:
I liked that to set up the next match.

- Ariya vs. Lince:
I like how these two are working together.

Pretty solid so far.

This is getting some good time.

Solid enough!

- Drew promo:
Another good promo from Drew.

- Kanellis vs. Drake:I really like the intensity here.

This is old-school. I like it.

This is really good, and different from the rest of the episode.

That was pretty solid!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment