Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2019

Slammiversary XVII Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling pay-per-view.

-- Pre-show:
- Grace vs. Kiera vs. Rayne:
Glad some more names are getting on the show.

Ahhh I like Grace's power.

This is pretty solid. Rayne in particular is impressive.

Grace working hard here.

Nice work. The right person pinned the right person, skill-level wise.

- Post-match:
Huh.... interesting. Looks like this is going to be a thing now.

-- Slammiversary:
- TJP vs. Trey vs. Mack vs. J. Crist:
They're definitely starting this show hot.

I like how all these names are working together.

There's a good variety of styles on display here.

This is really, really impressive. Everyone's going hard.

Nice work from everyone.

- North vs. LAX vs. Wentz/Dez:
I mean, I didn't expect anyone to not give 100%, but they're really excelling here.

I like the power from The North.

NICE Fall Away moonsault.

Everyone looks like a star here.

Uh-oh..... that might be the end for LAX.

More fun work all around. I hope Santana's OK. Maybe he just has a case of AEW-itis (NXT-itis)?

- Eddie vs. Kross:
Edwards has really given a lot of himself to Impact.

I like how these two interact.

OUCHHHH right into the chair.

This is pretty badass.

Kross is vicious. I love it.

Oh my God that teased suplex to the outside.

I'm really loving this.

Wow. WOW. That was an ending. Yikes.

- Tessa interview:
This could be a big match for Tessa. We'll see.

- RVD interview:
Haha RVD is always about the money. I love it.

We'll see how he delivers.

- RVD vs. Moose:
Cool stuff so far.

WHOOOOAAAAAAA that body drop.

Interesting story here.

This is also pretty good.

Hahahah I liked Moose trying for the frog splash.

NICE Van Daminator spot.

That was really good! A little surprised Moose won.

- Taya interview:
Good stuff.

- Monster's Ball:
I'm liking this already.

Ahhh I'm glad Impact does this kind of thing every so often.

I liked the dog collar spot!

Damn, they're using everything in this one.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT CURB STOMP.

This has really been something.

Damn. Pretty intense.

A lot going on in this one. Everything's been a hit so far.

- Swann/Johnny:
This could really be a spectacle.

- Swann vs. Johnny:
I liked Johnny's use of the thumbtacks. Clever.

Another case of people delivering. Nice to see Bravo involved, too.

Both men look both credible and incredible here!

They're really leaving it all out there in this one.

I'm really impressed with everything on this show.

Wow. Swann's got guts to kick out of that.

Another really great match.

- Elgin promo:
This could be big!

- Cage vs. Elgin:
I like the battle of big men.

Two very mobile big men. I like it.

Another case of two men working together very well.

I like the focus on the back.

Very impressive stuff.

This is AMAZING.

WHOAAAAAA the athleticism from these two.

That was really good, and I wouldn't mind a rematch.

- Post-match:
Whoa looks like another big hoss is getting in the title picture. Rhyno is still under WWE contract for another week or so, so Impact had to hide him here. Hopefully there's some fun left from using him.

- Tessa vs. Callihan:
This should definitely be something to remember.

Tessa's game.

Vicious work from Sami.

Damn. They're putting Blanchard through the wringer.

This is exciting.

Tessa's tough as nails. She'd have to be to hang with Callihan.

Very impressive STF spot.

Uh-oh. Looks like Tessa might regret KOing the ref.

This is wild. I love it.

Both competitors going hard, as expected.

Very impressive!

- Post-match:
That was cool as hell. Tessa could go even further against the men after this.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment