Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Dynamite Reax - 9/23/20

 Read on for my thoughts on both episodes of Dynamite that aired yesterday.

-- Post-NBA episode:

- Sky vs. Carter:

I like this start.

Good back and forth here.

I like Sky here.

I'm surprised this is getting this level of time. Especially considering this could be a chance to grab non-regular viewers.

Not bad overall.

Carter's growing on me.

I liked that, but I don't know if it was a great example of what AEW can be. 

- Brandi vs. Anna:

AEW Main Event in full effect!

Pretty wild that Brandi is the established veteran in this one.

I can see why they felt this needed interference.

WOW. Expected Rhodes to go over.

- Sky/Sydal:

Decent enough. Curious what this leads to.

- Sydal vs. Spears:

Again, this doesn't feel like a super-exciting hook for potential new viewers.

These two actually faced off in OVW way back in 2008.

Mostly solid. Good to see Spears have a long match.

This is picking up.

This feels more old school than I expected, but that does fit with the Spears/Tully pairing.

Fine enough.

- Post-match:

So presumably this sets up a tag match somewhere?

-- Primetime episode:

- Opening graphic:

Very classy. I like it.

- Miro/Kip vs. Janela/Kiss:

Really interesting that Miro is in the opening match instead of higher on the card.

Interesting story early.

I like Miro here.

Both teams showing good work.

Mostly good match here.

I like the story they're telling.

Janela's putting in good work.

Nice ending!

- Eddie/Mox:

I like Kingston a lot.

They've got to cut back on the WWE shots, I swear.

- Uno vs. Page:

Good continuation of Omega splitting from Page.

There's an interesting contrast between these two.

Mostly solid.

Interesting stuff with the Order here.

This is growing on me.

That was good!

- Bucks interview:

I like them as smug assholes. 

I like this turn for them.

- Brodie vs. OC:

Interesting to do two Dark Order matches back to back.

Haha, Brodie's not in the mood for this.

I enjoyed the Brodie dive spot. Of course his minions will take one for him!

I like the teamwork here.

Wow, Cassidy's in a handicap match here.

Enjoyable work here.

I like how this is put together.

This is fun!

They're working together well.

HAHAHAHAHA I loved Silver taking the punch.

That was nice.

- Post-match:

NICE!

Oh yeah, that rebuilt Cody.

- Brodie promo:

Haha I like the hypocrisy here.

Now that's a good stipulation.

- Matt/Party/Circle:

Matt feels so out of place in a company of younger, fresher wrestlers.

Hmmmm... interesting setup for another match.

Yeah, not my favorite segment.

- FTR/Tully/Friends:

OK, interesting idea.

Fine enough setup for next week.

NICE. I like how that builds off what was done last week.

Haha of course the heels fuck them.

Silly, but I liked it.

- Shida/Rosa vs. Ivelisse/Diamante:

Good so far.

I like this physicality.

I hope we see more from Rosa.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Ivelisse, too.

This heel team is growing on me.

There's good drama to this one.

This face team is N I C E.

Good win!

- Jericho/MJF:

Kind of funny. For once. 

- Mox vs. Eddie:

Very glad Kingston was hired.

Nice aggression.

This is pretty fun. 

This is good!

They're just straight up mauling each other. I like it.

This is very good.

WOW. Nice ending.

- Post-match:

I love how this all fits together.

Very cool.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment