Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/15/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Opening graphic:

Very glad to see this. Barry will really be missed.

- Deonna/Kimber vs. Kylie/Susie:

I like this start.

Susie looks out of place with the three more credible wrestlers. That's the problem when a significant part of the roster is in goofy angles.

This is growing on me.

I would be all for someone coming in and rebooting Impact to drop half of the wacky/spooky gimmicks. This is what I expected out of AEW. 

- Trey/Rohit:

I love this! It's been built well.

- More Bravo silliness:

I'm starting to think Impact needs to be cut back to an hour.

- 3XL vs. Deaners:

This isn't bad for an undercard tag match.

Fine enough. Didn't overstay its welcome.

- Trey vs. TJP:

Smooth work to start.

TJP's good enough to be somewhere else, but he shines because he's stuck here.

I love the holds.

Pretty good!

- Tag teams backstage:

WOW. WOW. That was a sick spot with Wentz.

Hmmm I wonder who will take their place?

Good enough to put the Brothers in the match.

- Swann/D'Amore/EY:

I have L O V E D this angle.

Interesting that he retired when he would have been cleared again in a few months.

I'm very glad Scott isn't just giving him the match.

One hell of a babyface segment here.

I love this a lot!

I do wonder what happens after BFG for Swann "un-retiring."

- Rosemary/Taya:

It's insane to me stuff like this is on the same show as the previous amazing segment.

I feel like these two have been working together for years.

- Mack vs. Myers:

I like the story here.

Solid work in this one. 

This is not bad at all.

I liked that low blow spot.

Pretty good. I'm curious what this leads to. 

- Even more Rosemary:

I really think it's time to completely split from this direction and the people in it. It has gone on way too long. They had something briefly with Broken Matt, but that man has gone to two other wrestling companies and they're still doing the wacky dark stuff.

- Moose/D'Amore/EC3:

Interesting meeting between Moose and D'Amore.

Oh no. Now they're referencing other promotions. 

Kind of tryhard, honestly. It looks bad when you have to latch onto things other places are doing. 

- Tenille/Grace:

Is this really better than going to AEW?

- Taya vs. Kiera:

PHEWWWW. We get all levels of quality in the ring and out of it on this show.

- Rhino/Hernandez/Heath:

Mostly funny.

- X-Division meeting:

More fun.

I like how that was set up.

- MCMG/Brothers vs. North/Ace/Madman:

Good tension here.

I like how this all fits together.

Solid tag action in this one.

They're telling a nice story here.

Very solid match.

HAHAHA I liked that ending.

- Post-match:

Oh I'm all for a big tag gauntlet or something at BFG.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment