Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Raw Reax - 9/28/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Legends/Drew/Orton:

From a storyline standpoint, it made all the sense in the world for these names to get the comeuppance on Orton. But it's hardly a ringing endorsement for the champion.

This is a pretty interesting mix.

It does say something that the fighting champion is willing to have so many others as part of his quest. He's starting to take a backseat in his own title reign.

Just go ahead and announce HIAC already...

HA. What a shoot that Orton will get the title shot just by his past accomplishments!

Hmmmmm.... interesting suggestion from Drew. I kind of expected him to challenge someone in the ring, but I would think Big Show would be the only one they would clear.

- Vega/Asuka:

Blah blah blah.

- Asuka vs. Vega:

Zelina isn't bad. She's just in there with someone really good.

I mean, really, this is just a matter of time.

There we go.

- Andrade promo:

Yeah sure split him from Vega, too.

- Andrade vs. Lee:

This would be a banger on a Takeover special.

I liked that for the time it had.

- Business backstage:

Hahahaha. I love this.

- Truth/Akira/Drew:

So where has Little Jimmy been all this time?

AHHHH glad to hear Funaki mentioned.

Well that was fun.

- Seth/Murphy:

Interesting use of Lawler.

OH I wonder what Buddy has planned.

- King's Court:

Lawler is perfect for this kind of segment.

I do wonder how they'll finally end this story.

This is an ummmm interesting direction.

DRAMAAAAA

It's whatever.

- Natalya/Lana/Pearce:

Blaaaaaaand. 

That works. 

- Natalya/Lana vs. Mandy/Dana:

Yeah I can't say I was begging for Lana vs. Mandy.

That was OK... hopefully any future matches are on Main Event.

- Black promo:

I like this!

- Another legends segment:

Well at least the Profits are involved. 

- Owens vs. Black:

Mostly good work here.

They work together pretty well.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this match.

YIKES. Not a fan of that ending.

- Post-match:

They clearly didn't have plans to push Aleister.

- Business, etc:

OK enough to setup the next steps.

- Truth vs. Drew vs. Akira:

I mean do they even need a draft at this point with people randomly joining shows?

More slapstick. I kind of want to see Truth accidentally go to Raw Underground with the title.

When can we replace 205 Live with 24/7 Live? Since these two are cruisers, it's only fitting.

Hahahaha good ending.

- Mandy/Dana:

Well at least there's SOME explanation for them working together.

I do have to give credit for building stories in the division.

- Dominik vs. Murphy:

Good work so far.

Pretty solid.

AH I like Dominik getting distracted with the kendo stick.

And the drama continues!

- Post-match:

Heel turn already coming for Dominik? Wow.

Aaliyah On A Pole match or Custody of Aaliyah match = RATINGS.

- Business backstage:

They're fun.

- Dolph/Pearce:

Intrigue!

- Business promo:

HAHA I like Cedric being sent to boot camp.

I love MVP on the mic. I hope he's around a while.

- MVP/Lashley/Shelton vs. Ali/Ricochet/Crews:

Good action here.

Very solid! Glad to see Ali get a win on TV.

- More from the card game:

I guess this is replacing Raw Game Night is replacing Raw Underground.

- Bianca video:

She is definitely an amazing athlete. 

- Drew/Dolph/Roode:

Drew is pretty entertaining when he adlibs.

Very glad to see Roode again!

- Drew vs. Roode:

I like this physicality.

Good action here.

I like the story they're telling.

Pretty good.

- Card game:

Well that's one way to book Orton after that loss.

Inadvertent comedy segment.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment