Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 24, 2020

NXT Reax - 9/23/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.

- Battle royal:

Weird to see unknowns compete for contendership, but this allows someone to build some momentum by eliminating them and it sells the notion that the title is important enough for outsiders to try their hand at qualifying for.

Honestly a bit surprised to see Marina. Jessamyn feels forgotten at this point.

I like this so far.

Hey at least some WWEPC names got to have a TV debut.

Kacy's agility working well for her!

There's a pretty good dynamic in this one.

I liked Rhea vs. Aliyah continuing.

This is growing well.

Pure babyface moment with Kayden keeping Kacy in.

I liked the Rhea/Raquel double elimination.

Good showing from Kacy.

Mostly fun!

- Post-match:

I kind of want to see Johnny cost Io the match and the two of them wrestle now.

- Fandango/Regal:

HAHAHAHAHA 

- Ciampa vs. Atlas:

This man is really out of things to do in NXT.

I like this side of Jake.

I'm enjoying this.

Wow. Ciampa sending a message.

Pretty solid!

- Ridge promo:

Not bad.

- Gauntlet promo:

NXT really feels like it's doing the same thing over and over with the multi-man convoluted contendership situations. They need an overhaul.

- Strong/Burch vs. Fabian/Raul:

I like this start.

Good work here.

This feels disjointed in some ways, but that makes sense with teammates who don't get along.

OK enough.

- Gargano/Theory:

These two belong together.

- Theory vs. Priest:

Priest is growing on me.

Good back and forth in this one.

Glad to see Theory again.

Pretty cool.

- Post-match:

I laughed more than I want to admit.

- Scott promo:

Fine to keep things going.

- Ridge squash:

Nice to build Holland.

- Io/Garganos/Priest:

I liked that!!

- Gauntlet:

-- KOR vs. Kushida:

I like the tit for tat here.

I like how they work together.

Good while it lasted.

-- KOR vs. Kushida vs. Reed:

I like how the dynamic changed with the big man entering. 

Very glad to see Kushida have ring time.

A little odd Dream wasn't in this match now that I think about it.

-- KOR vs. Reed vs. Thatcher:

Cool but very short.

-- KOR vs. Reed vs. Thatcher vs. Grimes:

This is pretty cool.

I enjoy the physicality here.

I like how each man has a strategy.

Thatcher's technique is unrivaled.

Nice elimination!

-- KOR vs. Thatcher vs. Grimes:

I'm impressed with the technical work here.

This is very solid.

KOR vs. Thatcher could tear the house down.

-- KOR vs. Grimes:

I would have popped for Grimes winning like that.

Also very cool, with solid work all around.

- Post-match:

Simple, but effective. Should be a fun match.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment