Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Raw Reax - 9/21/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw. 

- RETRIBUTION/Business:

Wait, just like that?? Who gave them contracts? WHY?

Not a bad promo at all.

An interesting feud, since it's clear there are no babyfaces involved.

How long until Ricochet, Apollo, and others join forces with Hurt Business because they have a common enemy? 

- Rey interview:

Dominik is definitely getting opportunities early! I'm glad to see fresh faces spotlighted.

- Andrade/Angel vs. Dominik/Humberto vs. Seth/Murphy:

It definitely feels like this was thrown together to have some tag contenders, given the issues between some of these pairings.

I like Dominik and Humberto teaming.

Ha. Can't say I didn't expect someone to leave their partner here.

Guess they can't split just yet! Though I'm liking the idea of merging the men's tag divisions at this point.

- Shane/Jordan:
Interesting to put Shane in a non-Underground segment.

- RETRIBUTION promo:

I like them not being about money, though them taking contracts and matches hurts the outsiders vibe. They're rushing to get them to the ring, too.

- KO Show:

Is Black's push already over? Damn.

Good to see them acknowledge their past.

Good to see them build Dabba-Kato, as awful as that name is.

Hmmmmm. Owens vs. Dabba-Kato could work.

Interesting to save it for backstage.

Very weird dynamic with some things happening in the ring and others happening at Underground.

- Drew interview:

That was pretty cool.

- RETRIBUTION beatdown:

Cool, cool.

- Drew vs. Keith:

Good start.

It's interesting seeing Drew as the more agile man. 

I like how they work together.

That was good while it lasted.

- Post-match:

Triple threat coming, I guess.

- Orton promo:

Orton is a dynasty in WWE.

I like the link that Orton has put others in the same state he was in.

Orton has really had some amazing promos lately.

- Asuka/Billie/Peyton:

I'm ready for the IIconics to disappear, honestly.

Feels like they're backtracking on the Aussie split.

- Mickie promo:

Good work.

- Mickie vs. Vega:

This isn't bad!

That was OK.

- Business/RETRIBUTION:

Pure chaos on Raw.

- Bianca segment:
Pretty good.

- 24/7 shenanigans:

Wow they're allowed at a beach?

This is a real thing that is actually airing on a wrestling show.

WWE is definitely getting outside of the same stuff happening in a ring each week. 

- Business promo:

Good to set the stage for other happenings.

- Crews promo:

Simple and effective.

- Cedric vs. Crews:

Fun work.

I like how they work together.

OK enough. This was just build for Sunday.

- Post-match:

Heck, Crews and Ricochet might join RETRIBUTION! 

This feels like a reminder that Hurt Business aren't faces just because they're facing the invaders.

- Raw Underground:

Hmmmmmm. Interesting approach for Braun.

- Seth/Mysterios:

I love that he thinks he's the one being put through torment from all of this.

Are we SURE Heyman is gone?

This is... interesting, we'll say.

Haha at least they acknowledge this is a nod to something done many years ago. It was just a matter of time, right?

Wow they're going full soap opera, huh?

I like Rey the proud father.

Well that was a thing that happened.

- Shayna/Nia vs. Natalya/Lana:

Effective win for the champions.

- Post-match:

Yeah it's hard not to read into Lana getting destroyed now that Miro's in AEW.

- Drew promo:

I like the fire. Guess he's going Underground.

- Mysterios:

I guess she's going to wrestle, too?

- More Underground:

I hope they don't ruin the intrigue they've built with Dabba-Kato.

- Asuka vs. Royce:

I mean, I guess it makes sense they're still friends, but that's hardly a break up.

I'm liking this for the most part.

Good while it lasted.

- Post-match:

I'd rather them not have a shoehorned title match, but every championship has to be on the line.

- Murphy/Aliyah:

I actually like this from a storytelling perspective.

- Raw Underground:

Well Dabba had a good run I guess! This presumably helps rebuild Braun after losing the title.

- Lashley/Shelton/Cedric vs. RETRIBUTION:

This is fine from an in-ring perspective.

Good enough match, but RETRIBUTION has seemingly been neutered at this point.

- Post-match:

Pretty fun.

Ha. Orton having the last laugh.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment