Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/22/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- TJP vs. Bey vs. Trey:

Good pace here.

I like this overall.

Pretty cool work.

This is all good.

I love all these submissions.

Cool ending!

- Raju vs. Trey:

I love the story here.

- EY promo:

Ahhhhh. I love it.

- Tenille/Kaleb:

Yeah not feeling this gimmick at all. It's insane this kind of thing is on the same show as other great content.

- Kimber vs. Susie:

Pretty solid start. Susie is more than a gimmick.

I like this back and forth.

Good story in this one.

Good ending!

- Post-match:

The Susie/Kylie story is being built well. With no WrestleHouse, I have a slightly higher level of tolerance for this kind of thing being on the show.

Mostly good.

- Heath promo:

I love this man.

Wow. Just WOW. This was great!

I loved this all around.

- Brothers/Guns/Rascalz:

I like how this division is being built.

- EC3 promo:

Interesting direction for him.

- Taya/Rosemary et al:

Again, Impact has little in the way of quality control as far as just making things that amuse themselves.

- Myers/Dreamer:

Wow. I feel like I'm watching the ECW brand all over again!

Interesting!

- Deaners/EY/Eddie:

BASED Eric Young. Please do this to the 20 other comedy gimmicks this company has.

You love to see it.

Wow. EY punked out by Cousin Jake.

THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T LET IT END LIKE THAT.

We're fine if you retire the Deaners, Eric!

Wow, they've made Eric a big deal here.

I'm all for another Eddie/Eric match.

Very good segment. I'm sure they're going to follow it with something spooky and/or insider?

- RVD vs. Sami:

Oh right it's the other modern Impact staple of reliving ECW.

This is mostly solid, but it feels like RVD is on the way to becoming the Chris Jericho of this company as far as just phoning it in and having fun.

- Post-match:

This is.... interesting for sure. 

I enjoyed the "RVD isn't doing the moves that the younger guys ripped off" thing. I wish it would have stuck. 

Yeah, peak Impact.

- Ace/Fulton/North:

There's been a very good story of how everyone in this division is positioned.

- Grace vs. Tenille:

Oh wow Grace is already going to job to a comedy character.

OK, this is pretty solid.

Fun work overall.

Yeah, not a big fan of Kaleb. 

Odd choice for a main event.

- Eddie backstage:

Take your guesses to which former WWE star is coming in next!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment