Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Impact Wrestling Reax - 9/8/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- EY/Alisha/Dreamer:

I like this push. They didn't waste time and momentum holding off until Bound For Glory. That's bold.

Wow Alisha better be careful out there.

Damn. Young's vicious.

I swear Tommy Dreamer pops up in every feud eventually.

Yeah it is pretty crazy seeing Dreamer be in such a different role from his ECW days.

I like the idea of others working so hard to keep Impact afloat so EY could come back. 

I mean, really. If Young can beat Edwards, he should be able to squash Dreamer.

- Taya/Rosemary/Bravo:

After such an amazing opening segment, we get this. 

Oh of course they'll bring James Mitchell back. I love him, but man it's the same people doing the same stuff over and over on this show.

- TJP vs. Bey:

Good start.

Raju has grown lately.

Very nice back and forth.

This is good!

Good rebound from the previous segment.

- Locker Room Talk:

SIGH. I swear it's like two completely different visions for this product. One wants a serious wrestling product and one wants tons of goofiness.

OK enough to set up a match.

- More wedding stuff:

They really need to move all this to YouTube or something. 

- Myers/Mack:

I like this side of Myers.

Brian's growing on me in this gimmick.

- Mack vs. Myers:

This isn't bad at all.

I like Mack's offense.

HA! The feud continues.

- Grace/Tenille:

Oh God I was expecting The Deaners or some other goofy segment.

Aaaaand here's a new wacky character.

Not a fan.

- More wedding stuff:

This has gone beyond wearing out its welcome. I guess they figure no one's watching anyway.

- MCMG vs. Dez/Wentz:

I like the tag team story. It's like they're auditioning for AEW.

This is good! I like this side of the Guns.

I guess this is giving The Rascalz the rub.

Very solid!

- Post-match:

I really enjoy the building of multiple teams. This division might have a chance after all.

- RVD/Forbes:

That could be great, but I have a feeling they'll do the same segment every week like they do with everyone else.

- Sami promo:

Interesting...

- Taya vs. Tasha:

OK enough. I guess the wedding's at BFG? Knowing Impact they'll play this out all year.

- Moose segment:

That was pretty cool.

- Rhino/Heath:

Works for me!

- EY vs. Dreamer:

I love how they can't say ECW or Extreme Rules.

I do like a good old-fashioned everything but the kitchen sink fight.

Pretty fun.

I mean Dreamer has hardcore resiliency.

Very cool heel hook spot.

They're telling a good story. Dreamer can pick and choose his spots given the weapon usage.

Not a bad ending.

- Post-match:

AHHHH. I liked that. 

EY vs. Swann. Wow. It makes sense on paper, but really doesn't feel like a major PPV main event. 

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment