Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Dynamite Reax - 10/7/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's Dynamite.

- Jericho hype:

It's going to be a LONG night of praise for AEW's biggest star. 

- Cage vs. Hobbs:

I'm glad to see a hoss battle.

This is fun.

Oh I like this a lot.

This is pretty badass!

Great win! Glad Cage is being featured regularly.

- Post-match:

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. Hobbs is fitting in well.

- More Jericho hype:

OK, seeing Hiroshi is VERY cool. 

I really hope Bully Ray isn't coming to AEW.

- Archer/Roberts:

That was solid. No way does Lance win, though.

- FTR vs. TH2:

Good so far.

I like this contrast. FTR is a perfect fit here.

There's a good story to this one.

Good win!

- Post-match:

OK yeah we get it you're heels now. I'm worried they're going to turn into another act that makes me want to watch something else.

Not a great segment from The Friends, but it really fit their characters.

- MJF promo:

MJF vs. Jericho combines two of AEW's most insufferable characters. I guess that's better than them pulling down more entertaining talents.

- More Jericho hype:

VERY cool to see Don Callis. Good to see AEW and Impact on good terms.

- Brodie vs. Cody:

WOWWWWW cool to see Valentine.

I liked the spot with Silver to sell how bad the chain hurts.

YIKES yeah don't do a moonsault when attached to someone with a chain holy shit.

Interesting use of the Dark Order extras.

I love the use of the chain here.

That diamond cutter was NICE.

This is very good.

Nice use or Arn.

This is a BATTLE.

Very, very cool.

- Post-match:

I'm fascinated with this. Where do they go with Dark Order from here?

- Cody/OC:

I really, really liked this. He might be the best part of AEW.

Oh I'm all for Cody vs. Cassidy.

- More world title competitors:

Omega vs. Page in the finals please.

- Omega interview:

It looks like he's finally going to be their franchise guy. He's earned it. 

- Swole vs. Deeb:

This is pretty fun.

That wasn't bad. Deeb is really good, so I hope she's not just being used to work with less experienced workers.

- Moxley promo:

Very, very cool. 

This is a heck of a promo.

- Even more Jericho hype:

WOW. Amazed they got Ultimo. They did a great job with this. Might as well get the AEW Hall of Fame ready for Jericho, huh?

- Jericho/Hager vs. Project:

OK so far.

Honestly feels like a way for Jericho to give his friend Luther a TV spot.

It was there.

- Celebration:

Honestly a bit surprised they had someone interrupt.

OK that was fun in an intentionally cheesy way. Jericho is at least conscious of the fact he's recreating things he's done in the past.

Not as insufferable as it could have been.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment