Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Havoc Reax

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of NXT.

- Opening segment:

I definitely like this actually feeling like a meaningful episode. Some spectacle is needed to liven up NXT.

- Priest vs. Gargano:

I like how they work together.

Gargano can make so many people shine.

Kendo stick battle!

Pretty solid work here.

OK.... interesting stuff with the coffin.

Enjoyable plunder/backstage fight. NXT frankly needs more stuff outside of 20 finisher kickouts in the ring.

WOW that crowbar usage.

Oh... huh. I see Gargano has a fan.

- Grimes/Regal:

This could be terrible or great.

- McAfee/One Two/UE/Dunne:

This brand NEEDED Pat McAfee. Someone with actual character not trying to be a cool heel.

Enjoyable promo here.

Can't say I expected him back!

AHHHHH cool new faction.

I liked that.

- Grimes/Regal:

Well we are seeing something unique on this show.

- Santos vs. Atlas:

This is good.

Fine for what it was.

- Ember promo:

Fine, and I liked the history lesson, but ultimately a very bland and basic "I want to win a match" deal.

- Grimes vs. Lumis:

Cinematic matches are really going to define 2020, I see.

Of course I should point out that if Raw or Smackdown did this, it would be heavily panned.

This is is um. Unique. But at least it's not boring.

NXT has become a pretty unique show, which seems to hurt it having a distinct identity.

- Rhea vs. Raquel:

I like how physical this is.

This is fun.

Raquel playing up her size and strength is a good move.

I liked that!

- Drake/Dain:

Wow that was a thing! They're really leaning into the theatrics on this episode.

- Grimes vs. Lumis, continued:

One of the wackiest things I've seen in wrestling.

Strange! But again, not boring.

- Ciampa promo:

I'm glad someone acknowledged the show is different.

Meh. Ultimately it doesn't matter what happens between Ciampa and Dream if neither of them are going for titles or ever leaving the brand.

- Io vs. LeRae:

This show is so bizarre with wanting to be a workrate-centered show but also have goofy Halloween stuff.

This is pretty wild.

Good work here. They both fit this style well.

They're going hard. I like it.

Very, very solid. No holding back here.

Great stuff!

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment