Total Pageviews

Monday, October 5, 2020

Takeover 31 Reax

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:

- Rhea/HHH:

I like Rhea interrupting and making her case. That's grabbing the brass ring!

- Cole interview:

Man Cole turning on Kyle would be so obvious, but people would like it.

- Priest vs. Gargano:
Nice story early.

I'm liking Johnny as a heel.

They're already making use of the new venue!

They're working together quite well.

That Razor's Edge counter was SICK.

Priest is really growing on me. He's putting the pieces together now.

This is going well.

HAHAHAH sacrificing security.

I'm surprised Johnny is such a good heel. This is fun.

I like the submission work from Gargano.

Very solid work!

- Kushida vs. Dream:

I like the fire in this one.

This is pretty fun.

This is enjoyable.

An interesting mix of styles here.

That elbow drop counter was very nice.

They're working together very well.

VERY good ending. They told a nice story. Maybe Kushida can make something interesting happen now.

- Post-match:

Wow Kushida's staking his claim.

Very, very good moment for Kushida. He needed something to get momentum.

- Halloween Havoc announcement:

A fitting occasion, though I can't help but think it's a ploy to get ratings up.

- Escobar vs. Scott:

Smooth work as expected.

Scott is on a roll.

It's good to see these two have this kind of stage.

Scott's motivated.

Ha. Of course his friends get involved.

NICE rana spot.

I like this a lot.

Another really good ending.

- Io vs. CLR:

Smooth work here.

I like how this is coming together.

I like each woman having a distinct gameplan here.

This is heating up well.

Both women are impressive.

I loved the crossface/Gargano Escape spot.

Ohhhhh boy some shenanigans are coming now that the ref is down.

Johnny is pretty entertaining here.

I would have completely bought the belt shot ending it.

Very good.

- Post-match:

WOW! Didn't expect her to appear here.

Well then. Looks like Io has two new challengers.

- Adonis interview:

He's graduating from 205 Live, I see.

Well done enough.

- Finn vs. KOR:

Cool start.

Amazingly smooth and realistic. I like it.

This is as solid as expected.

I love how they're working together here.

Uh-oh. Kyle's about to be the Jey Uso to Balor's Roman.

This is pretty nice.

I'm LOVING these submissions.

One hell of a physical match here.

They're having a battle here.

I love this back and forth.

I'm liking this a LOT. They don't need 50 kickouts here.

Very fun watch.

- Post-match:

Pretty cool moment.

OK.... kind of a random ending to the show. 

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment