Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 15, 2020

NXT Reax - 10/14/20

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.

- KOR promo:

I'm honestly pretty bored with UE, and that's a shame because they've very, very talented.

- Strong/Fish vs. One Two:

Nice work so far.

More solid action.

I'm truly reaching a point where there's so much good wrestling that it all blends together. I need some more spectacle and angles on these shows.

Match was good. Everyone worked hard, as they always do.

- Ember promo:

That was solid.

This is fresh. A lot of female talents BADLY need a reboot.

- Adonis vs. Atlas:
Solid enough.

- Post-match:

I guess we're in for a random six-man tag. This show is becoming very paint by numbers/rinse and repeat. I'm shocked to say I prefer Dynamite, but they have a lot more energy to their product.

- Garganos interview:

More characters spinning their tires. Johnny is pretty funny in this role, though.

- Gargano vs. Theory:

Fine match between two hard workers. Not much to say to elaborate.

Theory does strike me as someone with a future.

That was solid.

- Raquel/Rhea:

Simple and effective. Honestly this show could pretty much be booked by a computer at this point.

- Ciampa promo:

That's at least a theoretically interesting feud.

- Shotzi vs. CLR:

Wait she's going to host Halloween Havoc AND potentially fight for the title? Seems a little odd.

There's a good physicality to this one.

This is pretty nice.

And we're in for Shotzi vs. Indi now. Everything's about winning matches and titles, which appeals to a niche audience when everyone knows it's scripted.

- Drake/Dain:

Mostly fun.

- Stone promo:

Meh. I'd like to think there's something interesting to be done with these characters. Right now they're just there.

- Toni vs. Aliyah:

Fine to re-establish Storm.

- Regal/Xia:

I love Regal and he's perfect for this role, but one idea to freshen up the product is to have someone else in charge.

Fine by me.

- Dain/Drake vs. Aichner/Barthel:

Kind of expected these two to head back to Europe.

At least the Drake/Dain dynamic is fresh and interesting.

Good ending.

- Post-match:

OK I liked Killian's defense there.

- Priest vs. Lumis:

Lumis is pretty interesting.

I'm liking this.

Good work so far.

Doing a fine job keeping me interested here.

Good match, but yet another interference ending to spin off into another feud.

- Post-match:

HAHAHA wow they really went into the vault for that. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment