Total Pageviews

Friday, October 2, 2020

NXT Reax - 9/30/20

 Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday night's NXT.

- Shotzi vs. Kai:

Pretty good start.

Shotzi has really grown on me as a worker.

I like how they're working together.

This is pretty nice!

Tag match incoming.

- Santos/Scott:

I like the continuity.

Santos is a strong promo.

Both men were built well here.

- Mystery promo:

I'm definitely intrigued.

- KOR video:

I like this build for the babyface(?), but there are a lack of compelling characters in NXT right now. "Man who has wrestled a long time" isn't much of a personality. That said, this is being done very well.

I like the acknowledgement of their past feuds.

How long can UE stay together? And in NXT? If Vince is "out of touch" for doing the same thing as ratings stall, what does NXT's current audience level mean?

- Nox update:

Man. She's cursed. Another unfortunate setback.

- Garganos:

AHHHHH Johnny comparing the broken TV to her injury.

- Grimes promo:

OK enough. I continue to get the feeling that most of these wrestlers are stuck here going in circles. 

- Grimes squash:

Fine.

- Post-match:

That's good to set up another match.

- Grimes vs. Ridge:
I like this build for Ridge.

- Theory promo:

HA. I like his perspective.

I guess we're in for KOR vs. Theory next.

- KUSHIDA promo:
Snoorrrreeee. Another man with no character.

- KUSHIDA vs. Nese:

I am glad to see Nese here.

That was cool! KUSHIDA is definitely talented.

- Post-match:

Pretty good.

- Grimes/Lumis:

WOW I had forgotten him for a while.

- Cole/Theory:
PHEW.... UE doing the same old thing. I'm getting flashbacks to Evolution running Raw.

I am glad Theory's comments didn't go unchallenged.

Wow what a bully Cole is!

- Cole vs. Theory:

Good work so far.

Austin definitely has potential.

Both men are impressive here.

Both men were solid in this one.

Cole needs something to do, honestly.

- Post-match:
Good job putting Kyle over.

- Priest/Io:

That was fun.

- Kayden vs. Xia:

Smooth start.

That was OK enough.

- Post-match:

I'm ready for this to go somewhere more compelling. Give us some promos!

- HBK/Finn/KOR:

Sigh. The usual "everyone is such a great wrestler. I can't wait to see who wins!" mess. Very bland.

I do like the acknowledgement of their careers before WWE. 

I like Kyle's personality here.

It's kind of depressing they've been wrestling this long and are on the unloved C show.

I liked that, but it wasn't very compelling from a character standpoint. Didn't mean much to have Shawn there, either.

- Garganos vs. Damian/Io:

I liked that start.

I like the Johnny/Candice dynamic. They're definitely fun as heels after having been faces for so long.

Good teamwork from the faces.

This is a good build for both singles matches. 

I liked the intergender work.

The heel teamwork is a lot of fun.

Enjoyable stuff.

- Post-match:

That was good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment