Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/7/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
Good enough opening segment to get 2015 started in a big way. They really needed something big to get people's attention back. Hopefully this is just what they needed. As for Angle dropping his position, I think the GM role is a bit outdated. TNA should try going without a lead authority figure in a major role for a while.

Angle vs. MVP was pretty good. Both men looked really motivated to succeed. I hope they can both still do good things for 2015.

Nice post-match of Angle and MVP. I wonder if we'll see Angle go for the TNA Title again.

I wonder if Kenny will split from MVP like Lashley seemingly has.

I have a weird feeling Spud's going to pull off the upset tonight on EC3. That might be the right move.

That interview with Tenay and Storm was better than a lot of TNA promos. I like that direction of things. Just don't end up with TNA ReAction again and we'll be good.

I don't know if they should have The Hardys as champions in 2015, but maybe it'd get eyes on the product. That's a big priority right now.

I really liked that tag team title match. I do think The Wolves can be pretty heavy on highspots, but they're definitely athletic and impressive.

I imagine we're in for an eight-man tag with The Revolution vs. The Hardys and The Wolves. That's a good idea.

I like them looking back at the other Roode/Lashley matches. Catching the crowd up to speed is a good idea.

Lashley vs. MVP could be pretty great, I think. Lashley vs. King, too.

Jeremy Borash should be the new TNA GM, since there's no reason to expect him to be a wrestler. He can just make the matches and go back to the background of things. He's been in TNA since Day One, so he's perfect from that standpoint. Anyway, good segment to get more heat on EC3 and Tyrus. Spud beating EC3 on a big stage would make him an important star.

I think I've seen enough of MVP and King for tonight. Some other stars can get some air time, too.

Aries and Low Ki really hit hard there. Impressive physicality. I'm not sure why we have a new champ so early into 2015, but I'm willing to see what they have in mind.

A Knockouts battle royal could be great or not so much. We'll see.

Funny stuff with the Bro-mans. Where the heck is Brooke, anyway?

Good battle royal, all things considered. Gail and Taryn can deliver in the ring. It's nice to see Brooke back in the fold. TNA needs all hands on deck at this point.

OH SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII------------ Kong vs. Havok could be pretty insane. Kong vs. Taryn should be fun, too. Good work in getting her back in the fold. TNA's building some good stuff tonight.

Roode vs. Lashley was seriously intense and seriously good. The ending was kind of dumb, as we're right into another "heel faction with the title" angle, but I enjoyed the action.

I think we could have some fun stuff out of Roode, Angle, Aries, etc. feuding with the new heel faction (maybe Lashley turns face to go against MVP, King, Low Ki, and Joe?). Overall, pretty good show. TNA could still put on some really good stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment