Total Pageviews

Friday, January 9, 2015

NXT and Superstars Reax - 1/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
Very good Sami Zayn promo. I'm kind of split on the name "Zayniacs", but it was really good for getting over Zayn vs. Owens. I really hope they both have big futures in WWE.

The rest of that segment was great, too. Neville's really growing on me as a character after feeling so bland. He's gone on a journey. Regal saying it's about Zayn and Neville and not him is very refreshing. I wish more authority figures did that.

Axel vs. Itami was pretty smooth. Axel can be a pretty good competitor when the shackles are off. I can see where people want more from Itami, but I don't think he's failing by any stretch.

Tyson Kidd is one of the best characters in wrestling right now. Can someone make a "facts and cats" shirt? Jesus he's entertaining. Kidd vs. Balor should be great, too.

Good match between Sasha and Alexa. A little quick, but it was designed to get Sasha over with a dominant win. I think there's potential in Alexa, and Sasha's clearly on the rise.

Glad Tyler Breeze is back. He can use some more ringwork.

Breeze is so good at the intangibles that make a good wrestler into a great wrestler. He's improving with the in-ring aspect, too. It feels like kind of a slow process, but he's getting there. I think it will be worth it to give him more time to work on his ringwork.

Great Balor promo. I think he'll be a great part of the main roster.

That was a pretty good. It's clear the Lucha Dragons are getting better working together. I hope they do really good things on the main roster. The Vaudevillains are improving, as well. I'm glad to see it.

Superstars:
Pretty good next chapter of Swagger vs. Titus. Both of them have their strengths, and they were able to combine them here.

That was a cool ending to that match. Pretty great work overall. I'm really glad we're getting this run of Goldust with Stardust. Goldust has a great mind for the business, and that will help his half-brother become a successful part of things.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment