Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 25, 2015

WWE live event note, latest on Nation to WWE, Interviews with Bourne/Mercer/Reigns, Bully on Velvet firing, Havok update, and Questions on Warrior on the Network, PPV picks, WWE signings, and Linda Hogan

Darren Young beat Tyson Kidd on this weekend's live events. I don't see Young returning in the Rumble match. I like him, but I don't think that would have the same impact as someone else on the roster or a surprise guest.

Uhaa Nation has been pulled from a PWG show, leading to speculation he's been signed by WWE. This story's been making the rounds for a while, but as far as I know he's not officially headed to NXT. Yet.

The former Evan Bourne talked about life after his major injury. The piece doesn't mention his two Wellness violations. That really played into him not being back on WWE TV. As for the nWo, it was a huge success financially. Weird of him to downplay that.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Former WCCW announcer Bill Mercer talked about his memories of that promotion. A fun look back to that era.

Bully Ray commented on TNA firing Velvet Sky. I'm honestly not 100% sure her firing isn't a work. She's not advertised for the UK tour, but that doesn't mean she won't be there as a surprise. Bully could just be upset she won't be there for at least the next few weeks. Anyone expecting "Bully Ray" or "Team 3D" in WWE with Velvet Sky is going to be really disappointed. I could see a fairly brief Dudleys reunion, but I really doubt we'll see the character who was TNA Champion. And I REALLY doubt WWE would sign Velvet just because she's dating Bully.

Roman Reigns talked about Mania season, potentially facing Brock, and more. I think Reigns vs. Lesnar could work out, but Bryan vs. Lesnar would be amazing.

After Havok returned to Shine at a recent iPPV, Bob Ryder confirmed she's still with TNA. TNA's allowing talents to take more dates outside the company since TNA's not doing live events and performers need to make money elsewhere.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, I don't see WWE airing that after making up with Warrior. And they probably shouldn't. Let bygones be bygones and all that.

2. I don't see any arguing with those picks. It all depends on what you're looking for in a PPV.

3. Again, it's all about what you're looking for in a PPV.

4. He might be too much of a wrestler for the sports entertainment company.

5. Apparently some people did! I have no interest in it, personally.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment