Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 3, 2015

More TNA re-signings, Interview with Balor, Hulk on 2015, looking back at 2014's released, TNA marathon, and Questions on pushing Divas, tag matches being outdated, Bryan winning the Rumble, giving back to the business, and the length of Cena's career

TNA has re-signed Jessie Godderz. I thought he had been with TNA longer than he has. Either way, it's a good move for both sides to keep him. I hope he grows into being a pretty good performer. I think he's fine for where he is on the card now.

Update: TNA has also re-signed Madison Rayne. She's a good hand to have around in the Knockouts division. I hope we see some new faces in that area in 2015. I've seen Angelina, Velvet, Gail, etc. quite a few times by now.

Update: Mr. Anderson has also got a new deal. I think he's had a pretty good run there. He's a veteran now in a lot of ways, but could probably still have a big run in him (if not several). It's worth considering.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Finn Balor talked about getting into wrestling. He's got potential to be a BIG star. I'm very impressed with him.

Hulk Hogan's training for one more match. I like the idea someone had last year: have him win some kind of "greatest hits" battle royal against some old rivals. That way he gets one last moment in the sun in a WWE ring without taking up too much time and spotlight.

Here's a look back at the wrestlers who left WWE in 2014. Pretty good video! I think some of those names were bigger losses than others (Kaitlyn, McIntyre, Punk, Ricardo, Del Rio, Justin Roberts).

Destination America will air the final four episodes of the Spike era of Impact Wrestling before debuting the new episode Wednesday night. That network is making the most of getting TNA. The company really needs some buzz in 2015. Not getting Alberto hurt in that regard. Bully Ray coming back would help in that regard, but I don't know if the two sides will be able to come to a deal.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'd argue it is a main priority, if the Divas in question are on "Total Divas". They definitely hire some really solid female wrestlers, but a lot of who gets pushed has to do with how many eyeballs are on E!.

2. I don't think there's anything wrong with tag team matches if they're done well, and they generally are. There are a TON of interferences, though. That's a fair point. I think part of the point of a tag match is to give some stars some time to catch their breaths, so a tornado tag wouldn't work as well in that regard. I'd say they need two refs (or a ref and an enforcer) for tag matches, but that would mean treating wrestling like a sport. WWE doesn't really do that.

3. I think Bryan winning the Rumble this year would be a nice do-over for last year's event. I think it's the best option if they're confident in his ability to remain uninjured.

4. I think those are all good picks! Jerry Jarrett was a big part of TNA being founded, too, so he's a good pick. Jerry Lawler is another name who comes to mind for what he did in Memphis. Gabe Sapolsky's worth throwing into the mix, too.

5. He's had almost 2,000 matches already, and more than ten years in WWE. That's a really big run. I'm also skeptical of him continuing to wrestle into 2020, but he's done pretty well for himself so far. I think he's definitely got a few more years, and will probably keep wrestling part-time when he can't go as much as he does now.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment