Total Pageviews

Friday, January 2, 2015

NXT and Superstars Reax - 1/1/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
That was a good showcase of the tag team champions. Sin Cara's a really underutilized asset, Kalisto's getting better, and I can finally see a bit of why people are impressed by Tye Dillinger.

I liked the post-match. It looks like we're in for another round of The Vaudevillains going for the gold. That's fine. Kalisto, Gotch, and English could all use more ring time.

Interesting backstage segment! We're finally getting another layer to Corbin vs. Dempsey.

I'm not surprised to see NXT move to Wednesdays, given Smackdown's move. I guess Superstars will follow suit. I don't see why it wouldn't.

Good pre-match for Carmella. She's definitely being given a chance to succeed by being paired with those two.

That was unimpressive. Carmella's got a long way to go. That said, she'll probably be on the main roster before Bayley, Becky Lynch, etc.. Future "Total Divas" star?

Fine post-match. It keeps on going.

I like Baron Corbin just showing up and smashing people.

Nice post-match. Corbin vs. Dempsey should be something.

Good Curtis Axel segment. I'm willing to give him another chance, but a talent can only get so many mulligans.

So-so Divas segment. I think that will make a great tag match, though. The NXT Divas will learn something working with Natalya.

Good preview for next week. I'm already looking forward to it!

I liked the tease from Zayn. Zayn vs. Owens should be amazing.

Owens makes a great "dick" of a heel. He's easy to want to hate.

Finn Balor is amazing! I think he's going to do really well on the main roster some day. The Ascension's doing well, too. I can see where Itami's still finding his way in NXT. He's definitely good, but it's a matter of seeing how he fits into the puzzle going forward.

Superstars:
I liked Rowan vs. Kidd well enough. There was a good story told of big guy vs. smaller guy. It's tough to do that with the smaller guy as the heel, but Kidd's incredibly talented and can pull off just about anything.

Interesting R-Truth segment. I kind of miss Little Jimmy, honestly. It probably ran its course, but I found it hilarious because it was sold so well.

Fandango's a pretty impressive worker. It's a shame they can't find the right way to showcase him, because he's been really good since the NXT: Redemption days.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment