Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 1/2/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I liked the opening segment a pretty good deal. It's frustrating Edge and Christian can't get their revenge on Rollins personally, which makes it all the sweeter if Cena can do so on their behalf. This angle will probably help him more than Rollins, but what else is new? It is worth noting Edge isn't under WWE contract, so what could The Authority do to him?

Wyatt vs. Rowan was pretty good as far as telling a story. I wish there had been more of a setup to the match, but I think they did well enough. Rowan's alright, but Wyatt's really good. I hope he has another good year in 2015.

Good Wyatt promo. I think Wyatt vs. Rowan was a good step on the road of the feud with Ambrose.

J&J Security are pretty entertaining. I miss them as wrestlers. Both had some good strengths in that department. Noble was one of my favorite characters when he was active.

I liked the six-man tag, but I feel like The Usos win, like, every match. I enjoy their work, but it's getting kind of ridiculous. Maybe they're being set up for The Ascension to beat them, though?

Are the Rosebuds turning heel, too? Maybe Rose and The Bunny split the Rosebuds between them at some point. It wouldn't be a bad way to bring up another NXT talent or two by having them take a side in that issue and make their mark. I can't really think of anyone who would work well in that role who's ready for it. Tyler Breeze would be an interesting choice, but I think it'd be good for him to get more time in the ring before making that transition.

Ryback vs. Show was honestly better than I expected. They stepped up to make it something more than a plodding mess. Ryback vs. Rusev should be something like a demolition derby.

I liked the post-match. Ryback's gotten some good character development lately, and that can mean more than a whole run of squash matches.

I wasn't crazy about that particular Edge/J&J segment. They can't all be winners.

I'd love to see Cesaro and Kidd as tag team champions. They need more of a gimmick as a team for me want to see that, though.

Pretty impressive showing for Kidd and Cesaro, as is usually the case.

Nice post-match. Kidd's one of my favorite characters, despite not having much of one.

That was quite the promo from Dean Ambrose. Violent guy.

At least they're more or less acknowledging the inspirations for The Ascension's new gimmick. The comparisons are pretty obvious.

A few things before this match starts: 1. Looks like we have yet another member of the Anaoi family who wrestles. There are quite a few of them! 2. Nice to see Rhett Titus again. I wonder if he'll ever be in WWE on a more regular basis.

Good enough for a squash match! The Ascension are pretty good at making efficient work of their opponents.

Fun end for Edge and Christian for tonight. I hope part of the lawsuit angle means Christian goes into the Hall of Fame. You can sue for that, right?

Reigns vs. Rusev was good for the kind of match it was. Both men have some good qualities and raw ability. They're also both hungry to be big deals. Neither have a ton of experience, so I don't hold them to too high of a standard.

Ugh. Big Show. I don't care much for the feud, but that was fine for building it.

No comments:

Post a Comment