Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Main Event and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/30/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Impact Wrestling.
Main Event:
That was a pretty good tag team match, I think. Sometimes longer matches like this are good ways for people to branch out and tell more of a story, like we saw here. I'm guessing Fast Lane is when Mizdow finally turns face. Miz vs. Sandow needs to happen at WM31. I really want to see Sandow impersonate Chick Magnet Miz and run around with Alex Riley. Maybe even have an edition of the Dirt Sheet? They could tape it in WWE Studios and splice Sandow as Morrison in as well. I doubt enough people know about Lucha Underground for that to really help them.

I liked Rowan vs. Axel well enough. Is Rowan still a super-genius, or has that plot point randomly been dropped?

Ziggler vs. Harper was awesome! I hope there's a lot more to come from both of them.

Impact Wrestling:
Really good opening segment. One thing that's really good about TNA right now is them not needing an authority figure cutting long promos in order to set up big matches. Just get to the wrestlers doing their thing.

Quick turnaround for the Lockdown special. It feels like they just got their new TV home and they're already at a major event. I don't guess that's a bad idea. It's what they did when they got to Spike as well.

I usually wait until the end of the match to make commentary, but I'm not sure what the point of two opponents doing a submission move at the same time is. Obviously it looks cool, but who would win if Madison had tapped out? I guess Madison would retain since it was kind of a tie? Then Gail would have a valid right to a second match. It would have been smarter for Taryn to kick Gail out of the ring, THEN apply a submission. But, we pretty much live in a world where cool moves are more important than kayfabe (ask The Young Bucks), so I'm not surprised.

Pretty good Knockouts match. All three can do good things. I'm glad Taryn didn't just take a bunch of big bumps like in her big feud with Gail.

Some great matches set for Lockdown. Hopefully Kong vs. Havok will be better than Bull vs. Baron.

Tommy Dreamer's still a thing in 2015, apparently. I'm glad they didn't use him in the Rumble, since he's on TNA TV right afterward.

Dreamer's pretty brave to take a drink from a random fan if that wasn't a plant. It's good he has the respect of the fans for them not to slip something in that drink.

That was a pretty good use of Dreamer, since it got heat on EY. That should be the point at this stage of Dreamer's career.

I really wonder what the future holds for Matt after this tag team title feud. I kind of want to see him turn heel and feud with some X-Division names, but I don't know how well that would be received.

Yay. Alcohol. I think it'd be great if TNA did a segment where Bram got arrested for trying to drive under the influence or couldn't wrestle because he got hammered in the bar. But I digress.

Nice segment with Angle and Gunner. I think Gunner's got a good future in TNA. Especially once the likes of Angle and Hardy aren't around, so TNA has to use some other names.

Bram gives no $&@*s. I really hope it's presented as villainous for him to drunkenly attack his former best friend. Maybe Magnus has another UK friend who could team with him instead?

That was a pretty good match as far as crazy hardcore stuff goes. It was cool to see The Wolves help out against The Revolution.

Nice post-match.

Is Kurt bringing in his brother Eric? I'd totally be down for that. I'd love to see Shelton Benjamin and maybe Charlie Haas as well, but I don't know the odds of that actually happening.

Aries is in the Seth Rollins position it looks like. The main event has some real potential to be amazing.

Weird to see EC3 turn down the tag team match, but maybe there's a reason.

That was a pretty good first match for the team of Spud and Mandrews. I hope they've both got bright careers ahead of them.

Tyrus vs. Spud and Mandrews in a cage could be pretty fun. I hope everyone involved can pull something really good out of that.

I hope Spud gets a big moment in this EC3 feud. An upset to pin Carter would be great, and I'm a big fan of EC3.

Really good main event. TNA has been quite impressive in the workrate department since the second half of 2014.

Cool post-match. I really hope Angle has Haas and Benjamin help him out at Lockdown. That'd be a great surprise.

Nice sell for Lockdown. I definitely think another week or two of build would have been great, but they had to tape when they had to tape. I don't see why Lashley wouldn't be the fourth member of Team Angle. I expect him to come to his senses and save the day. Should be great!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment