Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2015

Smackdown Reax - 1/29/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I mostly enjoyed the opening HHH segment. The NFL references were juvenile, but that's WWE's schtick.

That was a fine match as far as Reigns vs. Big Show goes. Reigns definitely still has work to do, but that was good enough for the "five moves of doom" wrestling WWE wants from a main eventer. Cena was in a pretty similar place when he was coming up on his first WWE Title.

WWE's not stopping with one million subscribers, as they shouldn't if they want to turn a profit on the Network.

I liked the segment with Rollins et al vs. Ziggler, Ryback, and Rowan. I hope Rollins has a big role at WM31.

That was a pretty good Kane promo. It's cool to know he still has that side in him despite his current role as the corporate stooge.

Nice win for Tyson Kidd. I'd kind of like to see Kidd and Cesaro as tag champions. We'll need a reason to take them as serious contenders first, though.

Good post-mach for what it was.

Uggggggghhhhhh. There have been worse Cena promos, but that one was still kind of cringeworthy. I really hope Rusev makes him tap to the Accolade, although I have my doubts.

Paige vs. Nikki = meh. I hope they're building to something of note for either WM31 or right after, because there's only so much to do with The Bellas as champs.

It does make sense for The Ascension to face another Attitude Era name like Goldust.

I liked the tag match. This could be a good feud to set up Goldust vs. Stardust at WM31. And maybe The Ascension vs. The Dudleys?

Has Kane been staring at the casket all night? Wow.

So-so backstage segment to promote Wizard Wars. I can handle some things like that here and there.

Interesting Bray promo. I do want to see him face Taker this year. Bray should either win or at least get an advantage in the post-match. Taker's close to finishing up his career. They should use him to make Wyatt a big deal.

I think that was a pretty good ending to the show. The ending to the feud itself was a bit underwhelming, but the match itself was good. I wonder what WWE's got in mind for these two at WM31.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment