Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Raw Reax - 1/12/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
That was a really good opening segment, because Cena kept it serious and so did HHH. The tease of Cena going home with the title is an interesting one. I mean, that's kind of what Brock has done for most of his reign, but I guess it's different for Cena to do it.

Well, at least Rollins got a win over Cena. I think the match was good enough, although once again it took a lot of people to beat one man.

Interesting segment with the Usos and Ambrose. Evaluating Ambrose could be fun. I imagine it will play off the Smackdown commercials.

The Slammy is way more prestigious than any Hollywood award. Miz and Mizdow are true iconic actors.

I liked that tag match. I think The New Day have gone about as far as they can go in the division without challenging for the gold, so this is kind of spinning their tires.

Savage going into the Hall will be amazing. That's so great. I'm glad that's being worked out.

I wonder how many fans are holding out hope for one last HBK match with him appearing next week. I don't think that will happen.

Holy #&$* what an awful Reigns promo. They're definitely making him their next "goofy top face" like Cena and Sheamus. Show's part was actually pretty good, if for no other reason than they mentioned his history in WCW. He does have quite a list of accomplishments.

I liked Reigns vs. Harper well enough. It's kind of a shame Reigns is getting the big push instead of Harper, but I can see why WWE thinks the way they do. Harper is a hard worker with experience who can have solid matches, but I guess he's not marketable in the way Reigns is.

That's actually kind of creepy for Mizdow to have had a camera crew at Miz's house for six months.

I liked Naomi vs. Alicia decently. There's just not a lot of interest in the Divas matches for me right now.

KIND OF a funny segment with Ambrose backstage. It could have just been the nod to Kane's earlier gimmick of Dr. Isaac Yankem. At least, that's what I assumed that was.

I really liked that Heyman promo. I'm glad we don't see those two every week. It's more special this way.

Miz vs. Jey was OK enough. A little short for my tastes.

I liked the Bryan/Stephanie/Kane segment pretty well, if for no other reason than the shameless plug of Stephanie's DVD. Hopefully Kane vs. Bryan will pretty good.

Nice tease of dissension between Rollins and Lesnar. This was the followup some didn't expect we'd get from the two sides working together.

I've lost track of who's face and heel in the Divas division. Obviously now the division is more or less a promotional tool for the reality show.

I'm totally fine with Bray vs. Taker at WM31. I get why people want Taker vs. Sting, but I'm not complaining if Sting faces HHH.

Hogan inducting Savage is interesting given their history. I'm not shocked to see that instead of Lanny Poffo doing the honors, though.

I like The Ascension's squashes so far. I just don't know if I prefer this gimmick to what they had had in developmental.

Meh to the latest Ambrose segment. It feels like filler.

Fun promo from Lana and Rusev. It looks like the seeds are planted for Cena vs. Rusev.

I wasn't crazy about that ending, but they couldn't have either man lose clean at this point. They're both part of a new breed of talent, which is good.

Nice post-match to get heat on Rusev. I'm waiting for him to switch out that U.S. Title with the European one.

That was a pretty kickass ending. I like the dichotomy between Rollins and Brock. This is much better than Brock vs. Cena by itself.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment