Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/23/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Naomi vs. Cameron was about as good as it could have been.

I liked Fandango vs. Sin Cara pretty well. Both men generally put on pretty good performances.

Impact Wrestling:
I mostly liked the opening match, as chaotic as it was. There was fun stuff in it. Aries getting the briefcase before doing the dive was genius. I'm glad someone finally lampshaded how it makes a lot more sense to win the match before doing your super-cool move.

Bram should be upset at Magnus for winning that way. Another example of cool moves being more important than telling a story of winning and losing.

I like face Lashley already. At least he won't be cutting lame-ass promos like Cena and Reigns.

I'm not particularly interested in Magnus vs. Bram, but I think it will lead to some fun matches.

I'm down with the Lashley vs. BDC angle. Where this is different from something like Cena vs. The Nexus is BDC actually is a threat to Lashley. He's not cracking jokes about them and treating it as inevitable he'll get his title back.

Lashley vs. King was nice to show how much of a beast Lashley is.

Nice post-match. Not to beat a dead horse, but it's important Lashley didn't power out and beat all of them single-handedly.

Havok gives no *$#&s at all. Gail just faced her wrath. Havok vs. Kong could be pretty fun. Talk about your slobberknockers.

Cool post-match. Gail took some serious punishment there. Lots of anticipation for Havok vs. Kong.

That wasn't a terrible debut for Khoya, but he's definitely pretty green. TNA's got work to do getting some of these newer signings up to speed.

I liked the post-match. Storm's a great heel.

I assume we're in for a big Lethal Lockdown match involving BDC. I think that could be really good.

I'm glad the briefcases are being presented as important. It's a good thing some of these segments weren't shown to the live crowd, since spoilers get out and all.

Fine tag match. I'm down with the BDC angle so far.

MVP vs. Lashley in the streets could be pretty cool. I suspect it's a trap by BDC.

That match was fine for keeping that angle going. I hope Mark Andrews is good enough to get a push right out of the gate, but it's not like TNA has much of a choice.

I liked Hardy vs. Storm well enough. They work well together.

Big post-match. Monster's Ball has been watered down as a gimmick from so many uses, but it should be pretty good as far as hardcore matches go.

No way does BDC not get involved.

I'm so ready for World Champion Robbie E. Come on, TNA!! No way do they actually fire the guy who just got them press from Amazing Race and just signed a new contract.

What if Velvet got the World Title shot? That would have been pretty wacky. I KIND OF miss the trainwreck booking of earlier eras of TNA that would have made that a real possibility. I'm under the impression this could be the real end of Velvet in TNA given how she's not booked for the UK tour. I wonder if that means we could see Angelina and/or Madison think of bailing, too. I'm not a huge Velvet fan, but she definitely had a pretty big fanbase. This is definitely yet another blow to TNA, and one that won't be recovered from overnight. Before anyone asks, I don't picture her going to WWE.

That was a pretty good ending to keep the BDC angle going. I look forward to what's next.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment