Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

NXT and Main Event Reax - 1/21/15

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
One of the things I really like about NXT is how the authority figure is only used to set up the important stuff between the actual wrestlers. Just announce something awesome and disappear if you're not a wrestler.

That was a pretty cool match/segment to set up Zayn vs. Owens. I like the progression of Zayn's character in NXT.

Balor vs. Axel was pretty good. I think I've gotten spoiled seeing Balor in longer matches recently, but he's clearly got a lot of talent even in shorter matches.

Sasha Banks is a star on the rise. I definitely hope she does good things in 2015.

Interesting Bull segment. Where the heck does he go from here?

I was a bit let down with Charlotte vs. Sasha, but it was more of an angle than a match.

I'm not crazy about Bayley presumably turning heel, but I think that's a potentially great match.

I like how Owens is pretty much just a douchebag. He's not trying to be a cool heel getting a catchphrase over. He's there to kick some ass.

I definitely didn't see that ending coming in that tag match. It was a good enough match, though. It does make sense for other teams to get to practice what they can do.

I enjoyed Breeze's promo. I think the gimmick's starting to run a little thin, though.

I'm fine with seeing the Lucha Dragons in action again next week. Sin Cara and Kalisto make for a pretty good team.

I feel like Breeze has stepped his game up in the ring, which is what I had wanted for a while. Itami continues to be quite solid. I think he's still getting used to the WWE way of doing things, which is understandable. I just wonder what it will take for him to be the star he was as KENTA. Itami vs. Balor will almost definitely be a match of the year contender.

Main Event:
That was a pretty good match to start the show. Kidd and Kingston are both pretty talented athletes with experience to their names.

Good use of the post-match to get heat on the heels.

I liked the tag team match. There's a good dynamic between Miz and Mizdow. Remember when Los Matadores mattered?

Nice match between Natalya and Summer Rae. I wish they had more time to do even more.

Good match between Wyatt and Swagger. I'm increasingly behind the pitch of having Wyatt end the legend of The Undertaker at WM31 leading to a HoF induction at WM32. Lesnar got that started; Wyatt can take it one step further. I think WM32 in Texas is a great place to do the finale of The Undertaker character. If he's got a match in him then, that can be done. Part of me wants to see Taker and Kane have some kind of mutual ride off into the sunset then given their histories. There could be some kind of special match that sends them to the "graveyard" or whatever to finish their characters for good. Not because I don't like Taker or Kane. In fact, just the opposite. I want to see their iconic characters get an awesome send-off instead of fading away.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment