Total Pageviews

Monday, November 23, 2015

Interview with Eric Young, threats at Survivor Series, more TNA to Pop, band added to TNA UK tour, TNA-India airing update, Lesnar set for TV in 2016, Goldust update, and Questions on heels who should have been champ, the next WWE statue, ROH action figures, Rousey on Stone Cold's podcast, and rings in different countries

Eric Young discussed TNA's move to Pop TV. "TNA is Nickelback?" This sounds like the paranoid Eric Young who would argue about which cereal he wanted for breakfast. I do think TNA needs to decide who they are and what they do, though. WCW was where the big boys played. ECW was EXTREME. What's TNA, really, when you break it down?

There were rumors circulating this past weekend relating to a planned ISIS attack at Survivor Series, although no specific plans were reported. I'm very glad that didn't come to pass!

Update: WWE communicated with authorities at various levels regarding security at the PPV. It's a scary world we live in sometimes.

Everything else from Saturday is after the break.

TNA promoted the move to Pop TV.  They're looking for another new beginning in January.

UK band Chasing Cadence will be playing acoustic sets before each of TNA's shows there at the end of January. I hope that boosts attendance.

TNA's One Night Only show from Mumbai will be available via the Flipps app. TNA's looking to expand with technologies like that. Hey, if it gets people watching TNA and makes them money, it's a good move.

Brock Lesnar is advertised for the Jan. 11 Raw, so it's entirely possible he's part of the Royal Rumble PPV. I wonder what they'll have him do there. I'd definitely like to see him destroy people in the Rumble match.

Goldust was on the road for last week's TV tapings. They could be deciding what to do with him. Maybe put him in the 2016 Rumble and see how that goes? Otherwise he could go to producing and/or working in NXT.

For my take on Saturday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I definitely can't argue against Piper or DiBiase. Perfect might not have been the first name I picked, but he was certainly talented.

2. I think it should be retired names as opposed to semi-retired names, so I think Austin's your pick.

3. No word on anything in that pipeline lately. Obviously there are people ready for them.

4. I'd love to see it, and I think WWE would try to make it happen, but I'm not so sure Dana would allow it.

5. You know if you worked in one of those offices you'd be finding excused to get in that ring when you could.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment