Total Pageviews

Friday, November 13, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 11/12/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
I miss party Adam Rose a bit. He was a fun undercard character.

Rose doesn't sound so bad when you listen to his logic. You'd think his party days cost him a lot. The Exotic Express doesn't run itself.

- Rose vs. Swagger:
Swagger's amateur skills remain solid. Part of me wants to see him work with NXT's Jordan and Gable as this generation's version of Team Angle. But, given how much Swagger jobs, I don't know if that would help them.

This is going pretty well so far.

Good match!

- Sandow vs. Slater:
Remember when Sandow was the MITB winner? He's really fallen from those days. In a "perfect world" where WWE had big competition, he could go somewhere else and be a star.

I missed seeing Sandow wrestle as himself.

Another pretty good match.

- Becky vs. Sasha:
I missed seeing these two lock up one-on-one.

These two are definitely more women's wrestlers than Divas.

This is really great so far!!

Impressive match. I'm glad it was in front of a larger audience than NXT (presumably).

Smackdown:
I miss when the Wyatts were a dominant, scary force. I think they could have had Bray take the belt with Rollins down.

Strong promo from Bray.

- Strwoman vs. Fandango:
I enjoy Strowman smashing people here and there. It's a guilty pleasure to see a big guy maul a smaller wrestler. Obviously it's not good to see Show beat Cesaro, but there are times when it's fun.

Decent promo from Neville. I really wonder how high he can go in WWE. He's amazingly athletic, but that can only get you so far.

- Neville vs. Barrett:
It still burns me up Barrett didn't take the WWE Title as the leader of Nexus. If a heel faction gets hot, the question shouldn't be "when do we beat them?" It shold be "WHY do we beat them?"

Unrelated note: I wanted Neville to debut in an angle with Barrett. Barrett could go back to his bare knucle days in the UK, and Neville would test his mettle by bringing his unique athleticism. Could have been a fun feud.

Neville can move and bump well. I could see him being in something of a Dolph Ziggler role.

Neville's a convincing underdog.

Both men really brought it here. Impressive stuff.

Owens vs. Neville could be GREAT.

Jey saying the Wyatts smell nasty was lame. They should be less flippant about the monsters they're up against given what they did to Taker and Kane.

Ryback just isn't doing much for me as a character. He could use a valet or sidekick or something.

- Ryback vs. Kalisto:
I like a big man/small man match if both sides are good.

I like Ryback just trying to win with a bearhug. You don't need to be able to do a 450 flip to keep your opponent down if they're out of breath.

That was quite good!

Nice post-match. It's less cheesy than ROH doing that every match.

Zeb burying the English is great. Why the hell was he off TV for so long?

Del Rio works best with someone to play off. This was good.

- Stardust vs. Del Rio:
I missed Del Rio's athleticism. Going back to Mexico re-energized him.

Both men are doing great here.

Nice match!

Reigns vs. Cesaro should be something.

Not a bad promo from Reigns. He's not my favorite, but I don't hate him, either.

- Usos vs. Harper/Rowan:
These two sides have always worked together well.

I'm tired of superkicks.

That was mostly good.

BAH GAWD IT'S A MASSACRE. The Wyatts look pretty destructive.

I'm excited for Survivor Series!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment