Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/4/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
Asuka's had like two matches in NXT and she's already one of my favorites. She's growing in personality.

I'm glad we get to see Cameron again. She deserves another chance to make a mark in WWE.

- Asuka vs. Cameron:
Cameron just got REKT with that cross armbreaker.

Cameron might be a little better than when we saw her last. he could definitely use some time in the Performance Center.

I'm really liking Asuka. I hope she does good things in her time in WWE.

It's great to see someone who wrestled all over the world get a better shake than someone with a minimal knowledge of the business prior to being signed. I hope that's a sign of what's coming in the years to come.

Dawson and Wilder are just straight-up evil. Taunting Carmella is really cruel.

Dawson in particular has a future. I like what I'm seeing here.

Acknowledging the Haas/Benjamin comparisons of JJ/Gable is pretty funny.

I definitely want to see JJ/Gable vs. The Ascension. The sky could be the limit for the former amateurs.

I still wish Taz would have made a cameo in the Bull-Fit training stuff.

- Dempsey vs. Dawkins:
Good stuff to show personality from both men early.

Bull's increased mobility is impressive! I hope he keeps going with that.

Dempsey's growing on me. We've seen improvement from him, for sure.

I could not care much less about a Dawkins/Fulton feud unless it leads to one of them breaking out as a singles star.

I liked the promo from the tag champs. The division here as a whole is doing good things.

If I was NXT Champ, I wouldn't leave the title out like that...

I think the Hype Bros fit with Bayley well. Bayley's still not a great promo, but the overall energy made up for it.

Well, at least Eva's got a good robe.

Wow. Her opponent doesn't even get a name.

- Eva vs. Gionna (?):
Eva still seems pretty unnatural in the ring, like she's trying to do this wrestling thing she's seen before but isn't a real wrestler.

I appreciate her opponent trying to make the most of it, but this match was just bad. Eva's offense was pretty ugly in places.

I liked the Emma/Dana promo. Emma vs. Asuka should be really good.

- Balor vs. Crews:
Both these guys have shown a lot of potential. I hope both do big things.

Both men here are really athletic. They should probably slow it down and sell more, but I like what they can do.

Crews having both power and agility is great. I think he could be a major player for WWE. He's got the tools to do it.

THIS IS INSANE!!! If they sold more to give this more impact, it'd be incredible.

That was fine to keep Crews and Balor strong.

Joe vs. Balor has the potential to be incredible.

ROH:
That was actually a good promo from O'Reilly. He might be able to be something in a bigger promotion.

I like the change in The Boys. ROH actually doing a story is nice.

- Young Bucks vs. Silas/Bruiser:
WHOA. WHOA. A YB actually doing a side head lock and shoulder tackle instead of some flippy superkick bullshit?

Oh there we go. I thought I was watching some other team for a second.

Young and Bruiser could potentially be a good team if they ever make it somewhere else.

Too much flippy from Silas and Bruiser. They should be more serious.

So-so ending I guess. This promotion probably COULD be good if they had people book it right.

- Young Bucks vs. Boys:
YB are just laughably bad with their over-the-top moves. This looks like a video game, not a match.

The Boys can do some impressive flippy shit themselves.

Garbage match. A perfect representation of what's wrong with the indies. So, great for ROH.

Corino vs. Whitmer is basically the only good angle in ROH.

I couldn't care less about this lawsuit angle.

- Ferrara vs. Strong:
Strong can be pretty impressive as a wrestler.

Code Red not ending a match is sad...

I mostly liked this match for the style it was. #Movesfordays

Decent Lethal promo. The "you're such a good wrestler too!" stuff is beyond lame, though.

They should just have all these people at ringside do spots in this match, too. Just stop pretending they're matches and have people do cool moves for an hour. Meltzer would love it.

WHOA. I guess they figured three guys doing cool moves was enough for this match.

- O'Reilly vs. Cole vs. Styles:
I do like the feud between the former Future Shock guys.

I like some crazy spots here and there when they're not the whole match and not obviously choreographed.

Why waste time going to the top rope when you're trying to break the hold? Oh, right. This isn't a match. They're just doing cool moves.

"OK, back from commercial. Let's hit all our cool spots now."

At least it's over. More MOVES garbage.

And more terrible moves after the match. The Dirtsheet Marks Driver or whatever they call it isn't believable as something other than putting people on the shelf. Moves like that hurt the business because real wrestlers have to work harder after they expose it's all a massive work to not take seriously. Obviously a lot of people know it's fake, but it still needs to look like it COULD be a real match. Just... awful stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment