Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 19, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/18/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
You'd think Carmella would be more upset given the injuries to Enzo and Cass.

- Carmella vs. Jax:
Jax can definitely convincingly beat smaller performers.

At least Carmella is outlasting Ronda Rousey...

This was sloppy in places, but both of them are still coming along as wrestlers. We'll check them both out in six months or so to see if they've improved.

Alexa and her stooges make a good act. She's coming along well so far, and they make good "J&J Security" style gofers.

I miss the NXT version of The Ascension. They can still be fun in their current gimmick, though.

- Ascension vs. Jordan/Gable:
I love the battle between technique and power.

The Ascension can wrestle better than we saw when they had the gimmick of burying old teams.

Oh, I'm definitely seeing the Kurt/Team Angle vibes. I'm fine with it, since I doubt the real thing's going to come back and take bumps.

Good match overall. The NXT duo has potential for sure. (It's true. It's true.)

Bayley's just not that great of a promo. She can wrestle like no one's business, though.

- Emma vs. Mary Kate:
This isn't working like it should. The babyface is larger, but not big enough to work the monster style she seems to be going for.

Decent match. There just wasn't chemistry between these two. I'd pass if this was supposed to be a tryout for Mary Kate.

So-so promo from Corbin. I hope he doesn't end up just another big lug, although they need some people to do that shtick.

- Dawson/Wilder vs. Hollis/Skyler:
I'm excited for that rematch! The first match was quite solid.

Is Skyler even going to get tagged in?

Hollis getting thoroughly rekt here.

LOL Skyler just coming in to get rekt with their finisher. Good showing by the champs.

Dana and Asuka play off each other well, I think.

Joe vs. Balor is going to kick so much ass.

I hope Alexa can go; she's done good things as a character.

- Bayley vs. Alexa:
This is a little uneven so far. I like both competitors, but they could both still use some work.

Bliss has some fight in her; I'll give her that.

I think that was fine to showcase Bayley. Nice try, Alexa, but you're not there yet.

Can they demote Eva to NXT live events?

ROH:
Silas Young is easily one of the best characters in ROH. The only person I'd put ahead of him is BJ Whitmer.

I wish we had a few more things like this instead of just flippy shit. Good stuff.

- Silas/Bruiser vs. War Machine:
I enjoy seeing clashes of big guys who can really move.

I don't like bigger wrestlers using the bronco buster. Save that for small flippy guys.

I'm impressed with this so far.

I wish the frog splash would have ended it.

This is starting to fall apart to some degree.

The Boys take a LOT of abuse.

Not bad overall. Better than most ROH tag matches.

Silas is pretty based.

GODDAMNIT!! Corino vs. Whitmer was literally the only thing I was looking forward to for Final Battle, and now Corino's hurt. Maybe it's not too far off.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Say it ain't so!!

Really good promo from Corino. Sad to see him have to bow it.

They should have spaced these Silas Young segments out. Like, do one next week instead of two this week.

Adam Cole's actually becoming a compelling character. I'm interested in what he does from here.

Cole vs. Roderick in January or February (after Cole finishes with O'Reilly) is so obvious there's no way ROH could screw it up. Right?

Ehh... they're overdoing the Silas stuff tonight after so many weeks of no segments.

- Elgin vs. Davidson:
BAH GAWD THE DOMINANCE BY THE FORMER ROH CHAMPION. Meh.

Elgin vs. Lethal is pretty bland, much like the previous title feud.

- Bennett/Taven vs. Addiction:
Oh, boy. I sure do love obviously choreographed spots. This is more "sports entertainment" than WWE often is, since they generally treat their matches like actual matches instead of MOVESfests.

The belts spot was actually pretty funny. The previous mirroring spots were kind of foreshadowing. Well done.

I'm not a big fan of Taven. There are plenty of flippy guys out there.

The Addiction can definitely do cool moves.

They're getting too cutesy with the mirroring spots.

Crazy spots everywhere!!

Apparently Day One at wrestling school these days is superkicks.

I couldn't care much less about these tag team feuds.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment