Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 26, 2015

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/25/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
NXT:
OH MYYYYY! I actually miss Heel Michael Cole, but hopefully they just use him in a minor role to get the main characters over.

Pretty much the most effective way to get Cole over as a heel authority figure is to sign off on an Eva Marie title match. Yikes.

Balor could be a convincing heel. He comes off as a bit of a prick with the rockstar persona.

I like the champion being fired up. This should be a WAR.

Joe just signing the contract and leaving was AWESOME. Total dick move. I love it.

Nice fight segment overall.

- Dawson/Wilder vs. Vaudevillains:
I love the tag team acumen of the champs.

Good work so far from the challengers.

English and Gotch are getting better as a team. I'm glad to see it.

Good match so far!

BAH GAWD THE SHATTER MACHINE! Quite the solid match.

I like that Enzo and Cass are coming out to kick some ass. I enjoy their comedy, but they should be out for blood after the champs put them on the shelf.

That wasn't a bad segment with Eva Marie and Nia. Hopefully Eva continues to improve her promos.

Good to see the Drifter gimmick on NXT TV after all this time. I hope it works well for him.

Asuka's already a lot of fun.

Dana has improved with her promos. I like the progress she's made.

Emma vs. Asuka could be really good. I hope we see it in London.

Mostly good promo from Bayley. They got a little on the "worked shoot" side there with it, but not enough for it to be stupid.

Sami Zayn is an incredible talent. I'm excited to see what's next from him. He should be in the Rumble in 2016. There's no doubt in my mind on that one.

Jesse Sorensen? On MY NXT? TNA wouldn't let him get back in the ring, so this is pretty interesting. 

- Crews vs. Sorensen:
Crews is just amazing. This guy's got all the tools you could want in an athlete.

Sorensen's got some good size on him. He might be worth a look for an actual contract in NXT.

Crews is STRONK af. He's going places.

I can't wait to see Corbin vs. Crews. It's a big stage for both of them.

If Eva wins, we riot.

Joe vs. Ciampa should really be something.

- Bayley vs. Eva Marie:
Eva Marie has decent heel mannerisms.

Eva seems a little smoother, but she's definitely still got work to do.

I think I would have broken my computer if Eva got the title there.

If you combine Eva and Nia, you might have a solid wrestler. Right now, both are still coming along.

That was good for what it was. Fun to see Bayley overcome the C-O-N-SPIRACY!!

It's too early to do Nia vs. Bayley, but I have faith in the champ's ability to make that watchable.

ROH:
- Moose vs. Carter:
BAH GAWD MOOSE WITH THE SPEAR. That will probably be the best match of the night.

Moose should definitely be a future champion.

Moose vs. Elgin is already a more interesting feud than Strong vs. Lethal.

Truth Martini is OK at best. Most of this show is mediocre, really.

Not a bad promo from Elgin.

WHOA. A match getting made without Nigel is great.

- Diesel/Dijak vs. Elgin/Moose:
I like Elgin and Moose trying to one-up each other.

I'm enjoying the power of Elgin and Moose. Maybe WWE should give Elgin a call after all.

That was a pretty impressive showing by Elgin and Moose. I guess THIS will be the best match of the night.

Adam Cole actually promoting matches for next week and the PPV. I wish we saw this more in ROH instead of "look at the athletes out there athleting!"

Roderick is such a GOOF. And not in the entertaining way like Bo or New Day. He's just Bland Babyface No. 36.

"It's not about the World Title or TV Title." Way to bury the titles you're fighting for...

Whitmer is so based. He's the heel ROH needs, but not necessarily the one they deserve.

Whitmer decking Nigel would be fun, too.

No Whitmer at Final Battle makes me less likely to enjoy the show.

- Lethal vs. Strong:
Good technical wrestling, but that's pretty much the point of these matches.

Whoa, actual heeling and psychology from Lethal. I like it.

This is mostly good as far as big clashes of moves go.

Both wrestlers can do some really impressive things. I'm liking this.

I'm tired of the multiple suicide dive spot. I'm glad Strong caught him on the third one.

They hit a LOT of moves, so I guess it was a great match by modern standards? I did enjoy it for how much they left out there.

Nice post-match to sell how important losing the title was.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment