Total Pageviews

Friday, November 27, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 11/26/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
- Titus vs. Stardust:
This is going pretty well so far.

That was a good match until Stardust bailed. I hope it's just setting up a tag match for later.

Slater not getting mic time before this is criminal.

- Slater vs. Ryback:
Not a bad match overall. This show just kind of runs in circles because none of the matches mean anything; everyone's going to be at the same place on the card.

- Ryder vs. Rusev:
Ryder is so going to get rekt.

I don't think I would have minded this being a squash match. They should be building Rusev as a threat to Roman. I like Ryder, but Rusev needs to be a priority right now.

- Charlotte vs. Brie:
I like the story of Brie trying to avoid the figure four.

There's good psychology here.

I wasn't crazy at all about that ending. I hope we're not going to see a Bella in the title picture again so soon.

Smackdown:
Sheamus is going hard on Reigns here. I like it.

Sheamus vs. Reigns could be good or it could be a total clustermess. We'll see.

I think the Dudley characters need to advance a bit in 2015. They're just the team that did big things in the Attitude Era and put people through tables.

- Dudleys vs. Strowman/Rowan:
Enjoyable match so far.

That was mostly good. The Dudleys look like idiots for going for tables before actually winning the match. Then again, they're wearing glasses with no lenses in them. Who knows what's going on Dudleyville?

That's why you don't turn your backs on the Wyatts. I KIND OF want Bubba and D-Von to call up Rhyno and Tommy Dreamer to face the Wyatts in a four-on-four tables match at TLC. That would be a lot of fun.

- Paige vs. Becky:
I like the more aggressive Paige we see when she's a heel.

That was good overall.

This Thanksgiving segment is pretty stupid, but in a fun way. I'm glad it's just one segment instead of the LONG Thanksgiving segments TNA would often do.

Xavier was perfect to be the Gobbledy Gooker.

Zeb is one of the best heel talkers I've ever seen. He looks like he would have been at the first Thanksgiving, incidentally.

- Del Rio vs. Swagger:
That was OK while it lasted. I guess they're forcing this to be a chair match at the PPV. Maybe Owens defends against Neville in the ladder match?

I wonder what craziness they have planned with the Gooker tonight.

- Lucha Dragons vs. Big E/Kofi:
These teams work together pretty well. I like seeing it.

Really impressive stuff from Kalisto as always.

Solid match with a good ending.

Enjoyable post-match. We could be in for a really good tag team title match at TLC.

I kind of want to see what Breeze would do to the IC Title. I don't think he's ready for that yet, though. He just got to the main roster.

I'm excited for this #1 Contendership match.

Good Ziggler promo.

- Breeze vs. Ziggler vs. Ambrose:
This is going pretty well so far.

This is pretty chaotic, but still enjoyable.

Really good ending sequence.

Owens vs. Ambrose should be quite the match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment