Total Pageviews

Friday, November 6, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 11/5/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
Rose's gimmick needs to go somewhere already. Start teasing he'll have evil Rosebuds (Rose thorns?) or something.

- Rose vs. Fandango:
I think Fandango could be the next Christian as far as a solid undercard performer who moves up slowly but surely to be someone they can really rely on.

This is going pretty well. I'd rather watch a well-paced match with psychology than a match with fifty suicide dives.

WHOA. That thing looks creepy.

I like the idea of a new Bunny. Rose REALLY needs something to add to his act at this point. Is is Brad Maddox or someone else not doing anything?

Fun promo by Stardust.

- Ryder vs. Slater:
Slater can be a lot of fun. He just has some quality that's easy to love to hate.

Good match for what it was.

- Stardust vs. Swagger:
I like how Stardust works the crowd and sets his own pace.

Stardust is a really good worker. He's not someone I'd push as a top guy, but he's definitely valuable with what he does.

I enjoyed that ending sequence. Good stuff overall.

Smackdown:
Zeb is absolute gold. Why was he gone for so long?

Del Rio on the mic is best in small doses.

- Del Rio vs. Neville:
Neville's really talented, but I think Del Rio should be able to handle him.

Neville's offense is mind-blowing sometimes.

That was good for what it was.

ALBERTO SENDING A MESSAGE TO THE LOCKER ROOM, MAGGLE.

Dude, Del Rio would destroy Swagger based on how Jack's been booked these last few years.

- Usos vs. Ascension:
That was OK, I think. The Usos aren't my favorite team necessarily, but I think they work really hard.

- Wyatts vs. PTP/Dragons:
OK, so I love PTP and the Dragons, but the Wyatts need to crack some skulls here.

I love a big monster faction sometimes.

Sometimes the curse of being a good worker is they make you sell and work with people who aren't as refined. Darren Young is finding this out.

I like the smaller athletic guys playing David and Goliath with the Wyatts.

Kalisto can move like no one's business, but the Wyatts are just indestructable.

Oh, Titus, you are so fucked.

Hey, at least Titus is fighting back! This is a big babyface moment if they play it right.

That was good. The Wyatts need to look unstoppable going into Survivor Series.

Ambrose's promos feel a little forced these days. He was better as the barely contained lunatic.

Remember when KOTR meant something? It's not like Barrett will be a top champion going forward.

- Barrett vs. Ryback:
Ryback could stand up to the Wyatts, I think. He looked strong there.

They're splitting up Team BAD, too? It's going to be hard to give the right focus on the Divas with so much commotion going on.

- Tamina vs. Natalya:
That wasn't so bad. I don't know how much they'll do with either of these two going forward, but I guess this advanced the story somewhat.

I'm a bit surprised they're doing a tournament at Survivor Series to name a new champion. I would have just had Sheamus try to cash in on Raw leading to him facing Reigns that night. We'll see what they've got up their sleeves. It's very unfortunate Rollins got injured after a good run as champ. I hope he comes back to do amazing things.

- Ambrose vs. Owens:
These two match up pretty well. It's cool they're headlining Smackdown.

That was a fun ending to a really solid match.

Not a bad ending to the show. They were definitely missing some important names tonight.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment