Total Pageviews

Monday, November 30, 2015

WWE live event notes, Crowe update, most recent TNA champ injured, where are they now?, HoFer set for Raw, and Questions on Joe and Storm on the main roster, Sheamus' title reign, cowardly heels, overusing MITB, and Maddox's release

Finn Balor beat Baron Corbin on a main roster live event this weekend. I wouldn't be shocked to see that as an NXT Title program in early 2016. It's also possible one or both of them will be debuting on the main roster in a few months. I could see Corbin entering the Rumble and Balor debuting the night after WM32. That's just speculation, though. There's no word on either of them being called up yet.

The former Solomon Crowe has returned to the indies as Sami Callihan. I think he'll be happier there. He was spinning his tires in NXT.

Matt Hardy needed 38 stitches after suffering a cut during an indie event this weekend. That's INSANE. I hope he's OK now. He could be a player for TNA in 2016.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The former Henry O. Godwinn talked about what he's up to these days:

- He's probably glad to be done with a career that gave him those injuries.

- That's an impressive list of places to have wrestled in.

Ric Flair has been added to Raw, presumably as part of something involving Charlotte. We'll see how that goes. He should be mad as hell after what Paige said about Reid. 

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I pretty much agree with everything they said. Storm and Joe mean something to the NXT audience; a lot of fans of the main roster shows have probably never heard of either man. Storm's 38, and Joe's 36. I don't see WWE wanting to put resources into pushing either of them on the main roster when they can focus on some of the younger names instead. I think both names are great and probably could do solid things on the main roster, but they've more valuable to NXT. On that note, I'd like to see WWE put people like Sandow and Axel who aren't doing anything down in NXT to boost that brand. Between paying them to sit at home because "Creative has nothing for them" and them getting work passing on tips to the NXT performers, I think it's pretty much a no-brainer.

2. I don't think it's necessarily a sleight to Sheamus. They were just in a jam with Rollins being out. I really wonder what they do with Reigns at WM32. Does he challenge for the WWE Title or does he face HHH? I think their plans for Reigns will dictate what they'll do with Sheamus. If Bryan is able to come back for WM32, I think Bryan vs. Sheamus for the title that night is a story that writes itself. I just don't know if WWE would agree.

3. There's the smart heel move of living to fight another day, and then there's straight up cowardice. I think it can be done effectively to build heat, but I think they've been to that well too often at this point. The concept needs a break or a new spin.

4. I think the concept can still be used effectively for situations like unexpected injuries, but I also think it would be good to have a babyface win and announce when they're cashing in so they can shake things up. Hopefully 2016 is the year they do that.

5. I agree with their stance here. That was just the straw that broke the camel's back with a guy they clearly had no plans of doing much with.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment