Total Pageviews

Friday, November 20, 2015

News update + Survivor Series predictions

This is going to be an incredibly busy couple of days before Thanksgiving, so posting will be delayed. I should be caught up before the holiday itself, but I definitely won't be posting tonight.

So, here are my Survivor Series predictions before watching Smackdown:
- Taker and Kane beat the Wyatts (although I'd love for the Family to get the win to set up the rubber match at WM32). They could build to one last Kane/Taker match at WM32, although I don't know how well that would be received.

- I wouldn't be shocked to see Reigns take the title only for Sheamus to cash in. Or worse, Ambrose wins and Sheamus cashes in leading to Reigns getting revenge (following Ambrose's rematches) with a title win at WM32. Sheamus vs. Reigns seems like a pretty safe bet on where they'll go from here, although it's possible they turn Ambrose or Reigns and have them feud with each other for a bit. Bottom line, Reigns is set to be "the guy" in 2016.

- The babyfaces win the elimination match since it doesn't really mean much anyway.

- Charlotte beats Paige.

- Hopefully Breeze gets some momentum by beating Ziggler dirty. Breeze is a solid talent, but not as impressive as a Kevin Owens. I hope he does well, though. He's been cutting his teeth in NXT for a while now, and improving along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Just about every match on this card should be a close one.

    The Taker/Kane vs. Wyatts match is very difficult to predict. On one hand, I could see how/why the Wyatts would win to keep some momentum and also with Kane/Taker probably not teaming together for all that long. Then again, would Taker realty lose two straight pay-pre-view matches? Close one, but I say Taker and Kane prevail, but the Wyatts should still be booked strong here.

    I will say Reigns over Del Rio, Ambrose over Owens, and then Reigns over Ambrose. This is the obvious choice, but maybe a curveball will be thrown. I don't think Sheamus has been built strong enough to take the title at this point. I personally like Ambrose more than Reigns, but that more than likely isn't what WWE thinks at this point.

    I say Charlotte retains, even though I don't think this title reign has really been a good one for her and I still think she is a little green.

    I say Ziggler will prevail. Guys like Breeze often fizzle out eventually.

    Any other predictions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they COULD try to go to another round of Taker vs. Wyatt at WM32, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was just a way to make Taker look strong again after losing to Brock. That would give him momentum going into WM32 in Dallas, which could be his last big match.

    Early in the week, there was apparently still back-and-forth over which former Shield member will take the title. As always, plans change a lot.

    Charlotte hasn't been featured as well as she should be if they were really trying to revolutionize things. Paige is definitely the more important character, and the whole title reign is still something of a backdrop to the faction warfare thing.

    I will say Charlotte had gotten pretty much all she could have gotten from her time in NXT, as she had worked with all the other regulars. It was time for her to start working with people with experience on the main roster.

    Hopefully Breeze doesn't fizzle out this early! I think he might have been a victim of Rusev being injured and that whole angle completely falling apart due to the real-life engagement being leaked. WWE might have rushed Breeze up earlier than they should have. I think he's more or less "ready" for the main roster. They just need a real plan for him.

    I've been almost entirely out of the loop! A lot of big things are piling up at once at the end of my final semester. I will catch up on all the news and TV shows, though, hopefully by Thanksgiving itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, same here. I haven't been watching as much with working a full-time schedule. I've mainly been catching the spoilers and match results while checking out some Youtube clips.

    I was a bit surprised to see Sheamus walk out with the title. His momentum hasn't been very solid of late. I remember when Daniel Bryan cashed in MITB for the World Heavyweight Title when there were two World Titles back in like 2011 or so and had very little momentum before he cashed it in. Then again, there is only one World Title now, so it makes it a bit more of a quandary. Maybe it was a spur of the moment decision to have Sheamus win it? Obviously, they only had two weeks to plan after hearing about Rollins' injury.

    Any other results that caught you by surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say anything really surprised me all that much. After watching wrestling long enough, you see pretty much every trick they can pull. I haven't seen Raw yet, but the goal could be to run with Sheamus as the heel champion for someone to dethrone at WM32. They definitely need to get someone some momentum going into the WWE Title match at that show.

    Supposedly the original plan was Reigns beating Rollins for the title at either Survivor Series or TLC. I don't know how Sheamus would have factored into that.

    ReplyDelete