Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2016

Main Event and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/8/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Impact Wrestling.
-- Main Event:
- Darren vs. Jinder:On one hand, it's a good sign WWE trusts Darren to be able to put him in so many matches. Not everyone can be the quarterback or a top receiver, but teams also need some solid special teams personnel.

I like a straightforward technical match here and there.

I'm liking the action here.

Good work on the leg by Jinder.

Young's pretty talented on the technical aspect of things. I could see him becoming a trainer or producer at some point.

Fine match!

- Bo vs. Cara:
I love the "try to win ASAP" spot. It sells things as a shoot instead of an excuse to do 10 minutes of MOVES.

Good straightforward action so far!

I like the dynamic here. Cara's trying to use his flying and technique; Bo's trying to ground him and wear him down.

Fine action going on here.

Sin Cara can move around pretty well.

Cara's deceptively strong.

Nice overall.

-- Impact Wrestling:
- Moose/Drew/Rex:
Good babyface moment from Moose.

I had actually kind of forgotten about Drew. He's been gone from TV for a while.

Drew's pretty good as the arrogant, self-serving heel.

I liked the "preseason" line.

That was pretty funny overall.

- Moose vs. Rex:
-- Round 1:
I like Aron more as the conniving, manipulative heel. I wish we would have gotten this from the Intellectual Savior gimmick.

This is pretty good. I like the psychology. Rex doesn't have to pin Moose. He just has to win two rounds.

-- Round 2:
Nice old school story with the towel.

This is really solid from a storytelling perspective.

GENIUS.

-- Round 3:
Really, really fun. I like the new dynamic brought by the Grand Title rules.

- Edwards promo:
I AM WRESTLEBOT 3000. I FIGHT HARD TO WIN MATCHES.

- Drew promo:
Good to see Galloway again. He's fresh after being gone for a little while.

- Mandrews vs. O'Shea:
I'm guessing this was set up with a segment that had to be cut because it featured Billy Corgan. Aiden's in an odd place without the former investor.

I'm liking the speed/power story so far.

Nice ruthlessness from Aiden.

Aiden's an old school brawler. I like it.

Well, I didn't see that coming.

- Tribunal vs. Shera/Snow:
I LOVE a big fight in a wrestling feud.

Oh this is solid as an old-school ugly ass-kicking.

Straightforward strap match. Fine by me.

Silly, but good for what it needed to be.

- #Broken Matt Hardy:
Someone REALLY needs to make all of this into a movie or something when it's done. Pretty funny stuff overall.

- EC3/Drake:
EC3 can promo circles around the champ.

This was pretty solid. I can see Drake costing Carter the match.

- Hardys/Helms/Decay/DCC:
OMG this should be so much fun. In the silliest way.

I'm excited for Maxel's debut. This should be pretty ridiculous.

I hope there are some crazy cameos next week.

Decay can be hit or miss, but I'm liking them this week.

Fun stuff from DECAY DECAY DECAY.

DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! This is going to be looked at in 20 years like "what the FUCK?"

Fun stuff.

Oh I'm ready for deletion, decaying, and DCC-ing.

- Maria/Allie:
WHHAAATTTTT!? Allie's really a trained wrestler!?!???

- Allie vs. Van Ness:
This is fine for whatever it needs to be.

I guess we're in for a mixed tag!

- Post-match:
Oh man! Allie and Sutter would be a great couple!

- Edwards vs. EC3:
This is good so far.

EC3 is ruthless.

Impressive action from both sides.

Ethan's just straight-up the MAN.

Eddie can be a pretty solid worker. He's definitely trained to do a lot of action.

I LOVED the superplex counter.

Really good stuff going on between these two.

OH SHIT. HOLY SHIT. That dive counter on the outside.

This is impressive. Nice story between the two.

I love EC3 using the chokehold effectively.

That was nice!

- Post-match:
Oh EC3's going to make his presence known in the next World Title match.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment