Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2016

Main Event and Impact Wrestling Reax - 12/1/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Main Event and Impact Wrestling.
- Main Event:
- Cara vs. Bo:
Good think SC isn't wearing that really convincing Chris Jericho mask again.

Sin Cara can fly.

Is it bad that I miss Hunico and Camacho's bicycle? That shit was HILARIOUS.

SC is like "look, motherfuckers, I can do flips, too. Put me on 205 Live!"

Bo was on defense a LOT to come out and win out of the blue like that.

- Axel/Darren vs. S. Stars:
"Raw has a smaller roster and three full hours to use it! We'll see plenty of Darren Young after the brand split!"

Not bad at all so far. The faces are definitely trying their damnedest as always.

This is enjoyable. I wish Young in particular was coming up through NXT now so he'd get a decent gimmick.

The Stars aren't bad!

I admire the work ethic Young has. I don't see him moving up the card anytime soon, but he's a reliable performer and that could at least keep him drawing a check.

Fine enough ending.

- Impact Wrestling: 
- Rex vs. Moose:
-- Round 1:
Well that went well. At least Rex finally got to hold a title.

- Hardys/DCC:
The DCC just don't seem like they can believably be champs. Maybe that changes during Total Nonstop DELETION.

- X-Division promos:
I'm not sure I can still joke about these being 205 Live audition tapes since apparently TNA's money problems are behind them.

- Z vs. Sutter vs. Mandrews:
I'd mark out for Scott Steiner running in, destroying them all, and cutting a promo. Hell, I'd even take a Kevin Nash bury job.

Get ready to FLIP.

It's definitely impressive how much these guys do from an acrobatic/athletic perspective.

That was kind of OK, I guess.

- Post-match:
Medium lel.

- Van Ness/Allie:
As much as I'm liking the Allie/Sutter ship tease, I can't help but think it's just being done because they're together in real life. I'd rather it be because their characters would benefit and such.

- Maria/Van Ness/Allie:
Eeeehhhhhhhh.

Profanity is SO cheap to make things more "edgy."

Waiting for Sienna to turn face and work with Allie. Or something. We're spinning tires here with the "Maria's clique" angle.

- Rosemary promo:
I like the creepiness. I know I thought it was goofy at first, but it's grown on me.

- Hardys vs. Bram/Kingston:
Damn. The Hardys just laying into these guys.

I mean, really. It takes all three men to stand a chance. Then again, Matt and Nero have been established as being able to survive as an absolutely insane amount of punishment.

Matt and Nero aren't giving up the titles without a fight.

Kingston confirmed for job guy of the DCC. DCC also confirmed as not being a threat.

- EC3/Drake:
OK, that was pretty funny.

- Shera/Snow:
I like an old school strap match. I see this as pretty much "hands-on training" for Shera and the Tribunal. It works on that front.

- EC3/Edwards:
Carter is promo-ing circles around Edwards right now.

Heel turn tease for EC3? He's definitely fired up to win.

- Jade vs. Rosemary:
Big move for this to headline the show over the Hardys/DCC.

I like when there's a little action before the cage is closed.

Jade's good. I hope she's got a big future.

This is pretty fun.

This is pretty good!

Now that was one hell of a bodypress.

Good match!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment