Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Raw Reax - 12/19/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- JeriKO/Foley:
The Best Friending continues. I hope this doesn't drag on too much longer.

OK, they actually made that entertaining with the Hug Of Jericho. It was getting pretty redundant.

Hahaha burying Santa.

Oh yeah, Foley's not going to take that about Santa.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Foley botched the name of the town. That would be great for a heel.

Interesting stipulation.

Oh... I was expecting Owens vs. Y2J at the Rumble. Looks like they're going to drag that one out EVEN LONGER. Maybe even to WM33. It could be a LONG road to that one; both men are getting stale.

I like the selling of the shark cage as actually being something fearsome.

Hahahaha poor Chris.

Oh, man. They're really selling Jericho's fear of heights. I like it.

- Enzo/Cass/Rusev:
I'm glad Rusev didn't just sit there and let Cass and Enzo insult him.

- Cass vs. Rusev:
Cass is definitely NOT sawft. He has zero chill.

- Post-match:
BAH GAWD CASS THE MATCH IS OVER!!! HAVE SOME MERCY!!

That one's definitely not over.

- Sasha/Nia:
I'm glad Sasha's selling the leg. It was a big war for both of them.

I'm surprised The Boss is OK with losing like that.

Oh shit Nia's going to slay the wounded deer.

Nia bringing fire.

BAH GAWD NIA SHE'S INJURED!!

Good stuff.

- Mick/Sheamus/Cesaro/Braun:
Weird to think of Mick as their papa. Has it been that long since Foley's heyday?

Oh yay more red titles.

Hahahahaha I love the dynamic of Sheamus not being crazy about teaming with Cesaro/still being an arrogant dick.

Good rebound for Frankenstein's Monster.

So, where are Sami and Charlotte?

- Cedric vs. Noam:
Good work early.

Enjoyable action.

Well that was pretty quick.

- Noam promo:
Noam pretty much throwing away the importance of the match he just lost. Ehhhh.

- New Day/Cesaro/Sheamus/Club/S. Stars:
Wow, they rebounded from that title loss fast.

Big E with NO CHILL about Charlotte's booking. That was hilarious.

Hahahahaha Sheamus making it all about him. I love it. Heels almost always get to have more fun.

HAHAHAHA New Day congratulating Cesaro but not Sheamus. This has ended better than expected.

I love Sheamus' arrogance here.

Wow. That's a LOT of shirts.

Ehhhhhhh The Club.

Man The Club are lame. I think I'd actually rather see The Bucks. These guys just aren't interesting without an AJ or Balor to play off.

Uggggghhhhhh Epico and Primo.

- Sheamus/Cesaro/Big E/Kofi vs. Club/S. Stars:
Epico and Primo just aren't inspiring. They don't jump off the page.

The Club have skills. That's for sure.

Fine work going on here.

I would mark for Gallows becoming Festus or Kane again. He needs the Lake of Rejuvenation BAD.

I love Big E's offense.

This is pretty wild. I like it!

Something of a disappointing end. The Swing is hard to take seriously.

- Enzo/Cass backstage:
It actually makes sense a publicly-traded company wouldn't want an employee walking around naked backstage. Whoa. Something in wrestling making sense.

- Neville/Swann/Kendrick/TJP:
Glad to see Neville finally show some edge.

Not many people are able to look up to Neville WEEP WOOP.

Oh, I like Neville being a dick.

Swann has some good fire, too.

Hahahahaha Kendrick sucking up to the new heel. What a douche.

That was pretty good. I'm glad they're doing something to get heat instead of just "watch these guys flip."

- Sensitivity Training:
"Who's not doing anything tonight? Put them in this segment."

Enzo not taking responsibility for his actions, unshockingly.

Hahahaha this is silly. I like it.

- Titus vs. Cara:
Two more people who aren't doing much of anything.

Umm, I'd be teaming up to try to stand a chance against Braun. Sin Cara knows how much ass Strowman can kick.

Braun taking no prisoners.

- Braun/Cara/Foley:
Oh, I guess he is taking a prisoner.

DAMN! Sin Cara just can't catch a break, can he?

I'd think we're in for Big Show vs. Braun. It'd be BAH GAWD BOWLING SHOE UGLY, but makes sense and would be a spectacle. The key will be not destroying either guy, as Show presumably needs to look like a threat for WM33.

- JeriKO backstage:
"Sexy pinata" got me. Damn it.

Oh so it's like when R-Truth was scared of ladders? I miss Crazy Troof.

Funny.

- Charlotte/Bayley:
Another Flair trying to become a franchise.

I REALLY hope Charlotte vs. Trish happens and that was a teaser. That could be great.

I'm really liking Heel Charlotte. She's running with the role.

At least it's Charlotte vs. Bayley instead of Charlotte vs. Steph. I totally thought that was going to happen this summer.

It's a little early to say Charlotte/Sasha's the best rivalry WWE's ever had, but it's definitely delivered at a high level.

OOOOHHHHHHH Bayley thrown under a bus.

Charlotte's cocky. I like it.

This is pretty good.

Man. Charlotte's pretty brutal to Bayley.

- Charlotte vs. Bayley:
I'm liking this action early.

Charlotte's really good.

I love some good chain-wrestling.

Nice of Bayley to try to get into the champ's head.

Nice action going into break.

Both ladies are solid. I guess NXT deserves a shout-out for preparing them for this level.

I'm very impressed!

Just really solid all around. Not much else to say.

Good match on the whole.

- Post-match:
Oh, it's this ending again. We've got a ways to go before the Rumble.

- More Sensitivity Training:
Fun in a silly way.

I guess we're in for Enzo vs. Jinder.

- Emmalina:
Remember her? I'm ready for the next stage. It's going to be hard for her to live up to the 50 million video clips. I hope they have a good plan for the gimmick.

- Even More Sensitivity Training:
Good to see progress being made with these clients.

Man. I wish Darren/Backlund had done more. It really stalled after the brand split.

OH SHIT RUSEV!!

It's a set up!!!!

I guess Jinder's involved with the International Hatas Association of Rusev and Lana.

BOOM. That was a good ending.

- Rollins/Reigns vs. JeriKO:
The Best Friends are still working together for now. Phew. This could be a long road to WM33.

I do love the heel antics of Chris and Kevin on their show.

Nice teamwork involved.

I like the Owens/Reigns dynamic, but I wonder how much more they can get out of it.

It just dawned on me Jericho can still enter/win the Rumble. I'm split on that.

I've missed The Shield. I'm glad it didn't overstay its welcome the first time through.

I'm liking this overall. We've just kind of seen all of them face off before.

Fine action!

Rollins is always a blast to watch. He just goes all out.

Rollins' athleticism is always incredible.

Pretty solid work here.

I didn't see that ending coming! It's something different. Let's see what it ends up meaning.

- Post-match:
Strowman has no chill. Foley, this one's on you.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment