Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2016

NXT and ROH Reax - 11/30/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
- NXT:
- Asuka vs. Matthews:
Asuka just bodying Matthews here.

Asuka's toying with her. I love it.

This is pretty fun.

Nice match!

- Joe/Dillinger:
Good fire from the champion.

Umm, Tye lost at Takeover. Why should he get a title shot?

I did like Tye stepping up. That should be a good match.

- Jose vs. E. Young:
I like the wild attitude of Sanity.

I'm liking this. They're telling a good story.

Jose's got the tools to do at least OK for himself on the main roster. More seasoning and experience wouldn't hurt to refine his game before he "graduates."

Sanity is just straight up mean. I like them a lot already.

I've missed EY a lot.

Jose's not bad at all.

I LOVE the heel work of Sanity. Far too many heels aren't dirty crooks.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
Nikki Cross could probably be Sister Abigail if they really wanted to go that route. I think they've passed the point where anyone expects an "actual" Sister Abigail, though. Plus, she's already established as Nikki.

- Asuka promo:
Where does she go from here!? At some point she's going to pretty much have to go to the main roster because she's beaten everyone in NXT. I'd pencil her in for right after WM33, personally. Which brand would depend on what plans I'd have for the summer draft.


- Tye interview:
Dillinger's really growing on me. I'm believing the hype.


- Joe vs. Dillinger:
Tye's on a mission here. I like it.

Dillinger's got a chance! He's at least doing better than Brock did against Goldberg.

I'm liking this a good deal.

Joe's a scientist in there. Although I guess he's more of the Hannibal Lecter type.

He's the Samoan Submission Machine for a reason!

Joe's a force of nature when he gets on a roll.

Joe has NO chill. I love it.

I'm liking the slap story here.

Joe stomping 10-man. Don't poke the bear, Tye.

Tye had a chance there, but Joe shut him down.

Hilarious spot with putting the kneepad back up and pulling it back down.

Submissions all over the place!!

Good ending. That was pretty solid.

- ROH:
- Rush vs. Gresham:
There's some good work here early.

This isn't bad at all, pacing-wise.

Nice back-and-forth. I'm keeping an eye on Gresham; he's starting to impress me.

Gresham bringing psychology to a flip fight is very refreshing for ROH.

I liked the callback to Gresham's earlier slap.

I'm getting behind this.

This is heating up well.

I'm really impressed here. They have time to tell a story beyond "check out all my MOVES."

Not bad at all!

- MCMG promo:
I really hope this is setting up a heel turn because that was one of the lamest promos I've ever heard. GOLLY GEE WRESTLING'S SO GREAT GUYS!!

FRIENDSHIP WINS!

- O'Reilly video:
Implying Cole isn't relevant basically buries everyone in the company since he's the champion. Great job, dweeb.

I'll be glad when this feud's settled. There's only so much more to do with these characters.

ROH is going to be in a bad place if neither man is here come summer.

You know, that was actually a pretty good promo from Kyle. That sold me on his quest. It's about more than being the best wrestler ever and holding a super-important title.

- Final Battle card:
That awkward acknowledgement ACH peaced out rather than work ROH's biggest show of the year.


- Addiction vs. Briscoes:
I'm quite surprised Addiction aren't on the card at Final Battle.

Nice start. Both teams can be pretty solid.

This is impressive so far.

I liked it turning into a fight.

I could never see a suicide dive in a wrestling match again and probably be good with that.

Solid work all around.

I love the heel work from Addiction.

Either team could put on a master class on tag team wrestling in 2016.

This is quite impressive from the veterans. They're making their flashy moves matter.

This is INSANE. Both sides are really stepping it up here.

That was quite good!

- Cole video:
Kyle fucking WRECKED. He's definitely one heck of a wrestler, but not at the same level of a star as the more charismatic Cole.

MAN. Cole spitting fire here.

I really hope we see Cole in WWE in 2017. He's earned a spot in the big time.

Just out and out decimation of Kyle O'Reilly. Cole's safe in a loss, but I'm not so sure about Kyle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment