Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2016

NXT and Tribute To The Troops Reax - 12/14/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Tribute to the Troops.
-- NXT:
- Regal/Joe:
As great as Joe vs. Nakamura is, I'm glad we're getting something new in San Antonio.

- Shinsuke vs. Joe:
I like the big fight feel here.

Good start.

And now we see how personal this is.

Joe is one mean son of a bitch at times. I like seeing that side of him in the ring.

More good action.

Both men are considered top athletes for a reason. Wow.

That musclebuster would have been INSANE.

This is good.

I like Nakamura being too worn out to capitalize.

I don't know if staying in the cage with Samoa Joe was the right move. He's dangerous!

Oh now it's just a case of punishing Joe.

And THAT'S how you have a decisive end to a feud. I look forward to what's next. Joe can either be in the Rumble or debut the week after WM33.

- Billie/Peyton/Daria:
I love the team of Aussies.

Billie and Peyton crack me up. I look forward to seeing how they work with Daria next week. She can be a believable ass-kicker with that MMA background.

- E. Young vs. Tye:
EY's talented enough to wrestle, but is a fun brawler, too.

Fine enough action here.

Well, that was different! What the heck is Sanity's goal if not to win titles?

- Post-match:
I do like the rabid pack of dogs mentality.


I look forward to seeing more of Damo.

- Jose vs. Almas:
This is a pretty interesting combination given what Cien was like as a face.

Good action early.

I'm liking this.

Both men are impressing me here.

This is nice.

Both men are definitely progressing. Glad to see Almas as a heel.

- Samson promo:
I love to hate this guy. People take the bait every time. When guys like the Bucks are faces for their incredible moves, here's how you become a heel.

- Strong vs. Samson:
This is an interesting combination of size vs. technique.


This is good for what it needs to be.

Samson has potential with his aggression and heel work.

Strong's got good skills as a wrestler.

- Roode vs. Lorcan:
I love Roode as a heel.


I hope to see Lorcan on 205 Live in 2017. Although we could be running into a problem where a LOT of people fit that weight class.

I like the heel aggression from the former TNA champ.

This is good.

I like what we're seeing from Lorcan. He's definitely skilled.

GLORIOUS! I look forward to that contendership match.

-- Tribute To The Troops:
I'm basically going to skip all the "rah, rah, troops" stuff. There's not much to say about it.

- Roman/Owens/Rusev/Lana/Cass/Foley:
These shows can be so cheesecake, but I guess that's kind of the point.


Hahahaha. At least Owens is still a dick.

HAHAHAHHAAHAHA I'm glad Owens brought up he's from Canada.

Owens wanting to make the U.S. Title the Canadian title is great.

I feel like I'm watching an '80s show with the evil foreign heels and such.

NOW HOLD UP JUST A MINUTE NOW PLAYAS.

- Club vs. S. Stars vs. G. Truth vs. Cesaro/Sheamus:
Good to start with two heels.

Goldust has still got it. Heck, he's in better shape than he's been in in quite some time.

I do think the Club are solid wrestlers.

The Club make a pretty smooth dup.

I'm liking all the action here.

Cesaro is talented and in great shape.

Brogue Kick party?

- Miz/Maryse/Iglesias/Crews:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Miz as an inspiration to the troops is great.


Based IC Champion Miz.

Man, that was bad.

- Miz vs. Crews:
Wow, they're going right to the big signature moves, huh?


This is silly.

At least it was over pretty quickly.

- Ziggler/A. Alpha vs. Bray/Harper/Orton:
Good start.

Nice action going on here.

I'm glad Orton's getting to do something new, AND the Wyatts are being showcased.

I like when Harper gets to go all out as... whatever his gimmick is.

This is pretty good!

Great action from the faces. I like American Alpha a lot.

I love the Sister RKO or whatever we're going to call it.

- Bayley/Charlotte/Dana:
Charlotte and Dana are still friends!?

Meh.


- Bayley vs. Dana:
I'm liking what we're seeing from Dana here.

Nice of Charlotte to help her friend out like that.

Where the heck is Sasha?

Fine match overall.

- TJP/Swann/Gallagher vs. Kendrick/Nese/Gulak:
Cruiserweights all over the place this week.


I'm loving the revival of the cruiserweight division. There's still some "I'll outflip u m8" but overall it's pretty good.

Nese is INCREDIBLE. He has everything to succeed at this level.

Hahahaha Gallagher's the man.

Interesting offense from Gulak.

Solid stuff all around.

I like what Gulak brings to the table.

And Swann's just unbelievably agile.

Not bad at all!

- New Day/Club/AJ/Shield:
Nice nod to New Day's NJPW bros.


WHOA. The band is back together.

Man. If AJ had two credible partners, that would be one hell of a six-man tag with The Shield.

- Cass/Reigns vs. Owens/Rusev:
I love the "heel tags out before giving the fans a big clash" spot. Such a dick move.

I like the tactics from the heels here.

Rusev's got a lot of gifts as a wrestler.

This is good action from the big guys.

Good work all around.

I like a lot of physical action.

Cass doesn't need 100 moves to be a good wrestler.

Just solid action all around.

Nice ending sequence!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment