Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 12/13/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane/Bryan/Ellsworth:
Weird direction with James. We'll see how it plays out. I'm curious what the long-term plan is.

- MizTV:
I like the combination of Miz and AJ. I can't say I ever expected to see them working together.

AJ and Miz living it up is great.

Ooooh. Looks like maybe Miz has his eyes on something bigger.

AJ vs. Miz could be interesting, but I don't see it working with two people opposed to the fans facing off against each other.

Dolph's promos are unbelievably lame. His standup can't be this bad, right?

That was pretty good overall. I liked AJ just sitting back and letting his challengers beat each other up.

OHHHHHH SHIT. Luke Harper in the title picture would be great.

- Styles/Bryan:
That works for me to set up the next challenger.

- Natalya promo:
Still not really crazy about any of this. Save us, Mickie James!

- Natalya vs. Carmella:
I hope Carmella is putting in time training, because we're not getting to see much of her as a wrestler.

This is OK, I guess.

Alright, it's improving. Natalya's good as always.

Blehhhhhhh. Carmella's just kind of bumping along.

- Cena return set:
The December 27 Smackdown is shaping up to be big.

- Iglesias/Crews/Miz/Maryse:
Time to shill Tribute to the Troops!

Oh MANNN that was bad.

Terrible all around. I feel bad for Miz, Maryse, and Crews having to go through that.

- Battle Royal:
I love this style of match.

DAMN. Gotch lasted longer against Sin Cara.

I hope Slater and Rhyno are still a thing. They've been pretty entertaining together.

I love the teamwork on display. It adds something different to the match type.

I love Slater.

This is pretty fun.

UH-OH. Looks like we could be in for Heath vs. The Man-Beast.

Enjoyable match we've got going on here.

I love the chaos of so many people trying to win.

What if The Ascension wins!?

Damn. I actually thought Konnor might have a chance for a second.

- Alexa/Deonna/Becky/Shane:
I love Alexa being such a jerk. She knocks it out of the park with this role.

Funny stuff.

Hey, Alexa shouldn't have to defend her title unprepared like that!!

I'd be glad to see Shane sign Deonna, but it's not in the cards.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!

- Alexa vs. Becky:
I loved the start.

Really nice chain wrestling here.

Good work by both of them.

- Post-match:
They're pretty much painting by numbers here.

- Ambrose vs. Miz vs. Harper vs. Ziggler:
-- Fall One:
I love Harper going on a tear.

Luke isn't down for an alliance.

More good stuff with Miz, but how many times can we see him face Ziggler and Ambrose?

I'm REALLY liking Harper being treated as a monster.

This is great. Harper main eventing is a nice move.

This is a lot of fun.

Uggghhh the rebound clothesline.

I loved Miz's chicanery.

-- Fall Two:
I liked Dean pulling out the Regal Stretch.

I'm enjoying this combination of wrestlers.

I've missed Luke Harper being let loose.

Ohhh. Well that was fun while it lasted.

-- Fall Three:
I kind of wish Miz did "retire" Ziggler for at least a month or two. He's unbelievably stale as a wrestler.

Good work, but I feel like I've seen plenty of important matches from these two lately.

I missed Miz, too!

I guess we're in for Ambrose/Miz again. Ehhhhhh.

I'm ready for something new from Ziggler as a character.

- Swann interview:
Rich is all over the place these days.

-- 205 Live: 
- Gallagher vs. Gulak:
I love both of these guys, so I'm glad to see this match.

Good technical action. I pretty much always mark out for that.

If we can't get ZSJ, Gallagher is a nice consolation for now.

Fun work here.

Gallagher's able to add some flair to his gimmick without being exclusively a "comedy wrestler."

Solid, solid work. I'm enjoying the division so far.

That was good! Both men have clear strengths as athletes.

- Swann/TJP:
I'm feeling the potential heel turn for Perkins.
  
- Tajiri video:
Who would have thought a 46-year-old Tajiri would be returning to WWE in 2017?

- Gallagher/Ariya:
Effective to set up another match.

- Dorado vs. Ali:
Both men are definitely flashy.

Impressive athleticism as always.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Fine work from both guys.

Pretty interesting ending. I'm glad they sold that spot at any rate.

- Post-match:
That was fine.

- Alicia/Noam:
I love you based Noam. Beat Cedric AND take his girlfriend. ALPHA STATUS.

- TJP video:
I'm glad Perkins is getting this kind of stage.

Cocky TJP is a treat. Very naturally unlikable.

That was GOOD. Keep an eye on this guy.

- TJP vs. Swann:
Perkins is unreal.

Nice back and forth.

Is this some kind of dance-off?

Nice move tricking Swann to go on the outside.

I'm liking this a lot.

This is like physical chess!

Good action from both men.

Really impressive back-and-forth.

I LOVED that ending. Amazing.

- Post-match:
That was good. There are some compelling personalities at play there.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment