Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2016

NXT and ROH Reax - 12/7/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- #DIY/Authors/Revival:
I'm surprised Gargano and Ciampa aren't on 205 Live. They'll either be saved for later or maybe they'll end up working as a tag team on Raw or Smackdown. That works for me.

Ellering's finally got a target in mind for his beasts.

I love Revival, but I hope they're headed to the main roster before too much longer. They can only do so much more in NXT.

Yeah, you don't want to mess with those two, Scott.

- Percy introduction:
I kind of missed Percy. He definitely did well on the old NXT. I wish he had a chance to use his athletic background to better effect when he was here as a wrestler.

- Sanity entrance:
I'm curious if Fulton will be booted out of the group due to his arm issues.

- Jose/Swann vs. EY/Wolfe:
I like the team of Jose and Swann. They play off each other's styles well.

I love the frenzied antics of Sanity. They're like wild dogs.

Really crazy head-scissors spot. This is great. This is what The Ascension should have been.

Nice ferocity from the heels.

Wolfe's dancing was hilarious.

I'm liking this all around.

It's tough for me to believe Swann can take someone bigger down with punches/clotheslines.

This is exciting.

GOOD GOD WHAT A MASTADON.

Nice match to continue the build of Sanity. That's more important than a "five-star match" with a bunch of cool SPOTS.

- Post-match:
This will be interesting.

- Regal/Tye:
I look forward to DIY vs. the Authors. That should be wild.

Hmmmm, that tournament will be interesting.

- Cross/Asuka:
OOOOHHHH MAN that should be something to watch. Crazy vs. crazy.

- Ember vs. Kimber:
I fully expect to see more of Kimber Lee in WWE, even if it's just the women's tournament thing.

I'm liking this. Good kicks from Ember.

Oh, yeah, Lee's definitely got something worth pursuing.

Both of them are doing well.

Nice ending, and a good tryout for the CHIKARA standout.

- Tournament bracket:
Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to all of that. It's a shame Aries and Itami can't be part of it.

- Joe vs. Nakamura:
This is a lot of fun right out of the gate.

Nakamura's kicks are always a treat.

I'm loving the submissions.

This is a solid match. They always go together well.

Both men really delivering.

This is wild!!

I'm loving the suplexes, too.

GOOD GAWD WHAT A KINSHASA!! Right into the steps.

Nakamura just smashing him here. Goddamn.

NICE ending.

- Post-match:
So what does Joe do in San Antonio?

-- ROH:
- Cheeseburger/Ferrara vs. Tempura Boyz:
Tempura and a cheeseburger in one match!

It's saying something when you have to sneak attack Cheeseburger. Sheesh.

Fine action for what's essentially a bye week for the show.

Nothing wrong with the action. I just have no reason to care about this match in the greater scheme of ROH.

HOLY SHIT that Codebreaker spot was good.

BAM. Good ending, and a good win from the NJPW team.

- Post-match/Nana/Dijak/Daddiego:
Donovan should get rid of Nana like he got rid of Truth.

Dijak can only do so much destruction without actually winning important matches.

Shout-out to ROH for putting together a match with some heat.

- Dijak vs. Daddiego:
Donovan is a breath of fresh air in ROH.

I like the "how am I going to beat this huge guy" story.

Big spot being able to lift Daddiego.

Make that spots.

That was nice!

- Post-match:
Nana's so outdated in 2016.

- Sullivan/Corino:
As much as I loved Corino/Whitmer, I'm fine with it wrapping up. This has all gone on long enough. 

- Whitmer/Martinez vs. War Machine:
I love an attack before the bell here and there, especially with all the goofy hand-shaking in ROH.

Glad this is a fight.

Ahh I love some hardcore here and there.

Too many people in wrestling do superkicks.

This is OK enough.

I wish War Machine stuck with being the ROH Wyatt Family instead of flying around.

Throwing the match out works for me! Wins and losses aren't everything.

- Post-match:
OH GOD THIS IS A FIGHT!!

- More Sullivan/Corino:
This is kind of meh. Too faux-spooky.

Blehhhhhh. Go ahead and pay this off so Corino can go to WWE.

- Briscoes/Lethal/Silas vs. MCMG/White/Rush:
I was wondering how long it would take for us to get all three Jays in one match!

It's hard to get excited about Rush. He's quick and works hard, but fits the mold of so many other wrestlers these days.

2indie4me.

Standard ROH multi-man match going on.


You know, moves and stuff.

And now kicks.

NOOOO we've seen more than enough Lethal/Rush for one night.

Fine action. Just none of it means anything.

Jay White is bland af, too. He works hard, but has no personality as a wrestler.

Yawwwwnnnnnn dives, European uppercuts, and superkicks.

This one just keeps going, huh?

And so ends another big ROH clustermess.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment