Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Raw Reax - 12/12/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- New Day:
Very big day for the tag team champions. It's interesting WWE's counting a reign that technically includes two different championships.

I'm liking this so far.

- Big E/Kofi vs. Club vs. Sheamus/Cesaro:
I really hope The Club don't win the titles. Ugghhhhh.

I like the combination of Europeans.

Kofi and Big E make a good team, too.

Well things were going well until The Club got involved. There's just something missing with them.

Gallows and Anderson definitely work well together.

Sheamus is on a tear!

Good work from everyone so far.

I'm glad Cesaro's using the Swiss One Nine. Might as well, right?

I really like the team of Sheamus and Cesaro in the ring. Very smooth.

- Steph/New Day:
Oh BOY Stephanie's back!!

Oh no. Oh NO.

- Steph/Owens:
Oh this is going to be bad. We got a break from Stephanie, but she's back with a vengeance.

- Strowman vs. Axel:
I like the mastadon Braun.

Axel's putting up a fight.

Strowman destroying him here.

That was a pretty cool finisher.

- Braun interview:
That was mostly good. He's best when he just shows up and wrecks people.

- Foley/Zayn:
I'm curious what the end game is here. They're on shaky ground to not throw Sami under a bus for not being able to beat Brayn.

Damn. Complete lack of confidence from Foley.

Hey, Zayn on Smackdown works for me!

- Ariya vs. Dorado:
Fine stuff so far.

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK??

Oh I'm loving Jack. He's what the Vaudevillains should have been.

- Post-match:
To be continued on 205 Live, I assume.

- Rollins/JeriKO:
Rollins vs. HHH for the WWE Championship at WM33 would be big, for sure.

Seth trying to drive a wedge between the Best Friends.

I'm interested in seeing what happens at Roadblock between Y2J and Owens. I wholly expect to see Owens vs. Jericho at the Rumble.

I do wonder how much more they can get out of JeriKO.

Hahahahahaha nice musical reference.

Good for Jericho to turn the list into something else so it doesn't get too stale/goofy.

I was wondering when we'd see Roman Reigns.

Fine to continue the build to Roadblock.

- Swann/Kendrick/TJP:
Wow. Swann can beat the whole division at once? That's a pretty big boast.

I love Kendrick blaming everyone else for losing.

I wouldn't mind Perkins turning heel.

- TJP vs. Kendrick:
Good heat early. This match means something.

I really love the Captain's Hook being sold as such a deadly finisher.

Solid match so far.

Kendrick's very impressive.

I like the submission battle we've got going on here.

Good match!


- Foley/Seth/Roman:
Seth and Roman as a team? Who would have thought!?

- Charlotte/Sasha:
Blehhhhhh this "you're a great athlete, but I am too!" shit is boring. What about all the hell they've put each other through and the involvement of Dana and Ric?

- Bayley vs. Alicia:
Solid action here.

Both women doing well.

Good for the time it had.

- Lana/Rusev/Cass:
I love heel Rusev so much. He makes the most of his role.

Rusev and Lana are going to bring back the Attitude Era!!!!!

Cass is fired up!

Oh this is a fun fight.

I love a brawl. This should be a big collision.

- JeriKO:
Chris turning on Owens would be big.

- Zayn vs. Jinder:
Good action so far.

Pin me. Pay me. Fine for what it was.

- Foley/Zayn:
OH SHIT MICK BURYING SAMI.

I hope this has all been a way to fire Sami up to beat Braun.

YYYYEEESSSSS! That was well done.

I hope Sami pulls out some real fire against Strowman.

- Big E/Kofi vs. JeriKO vs. Rollins/Reigns:
I'm guessing the challengers cancel each other out and New Day retains.

Hot action so far.

This is a lot of fun.

I generally love JeriKO, but all things must come to an end before they get stale.

Solid work all around.

I didn't like that Tower of Doom since Big E did a move that destroyed his partner. Why on Earth would you do that in a shoot?

Owens is always a blast to watch.

Just really good action all around. Everyone's on the top of their game.

WOW. This is PPV-worthy.

That pop-up Codebreaker spot is INSANE.

That was good. New Day survives while everyone else looks great in defeat.

- Post-match:
This is happening at the Rumble, right?

NICE ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Roadblock predictions:
    - Rusev? I usually pick a babyface for the Kickoff show. They could do something where Enzo distracts Rusev for the loss or something. I'd be surprised if they cut Cass' momentum off with a clean loss.
    - Sami survives 10 minutes with Braun, or makes it THIS close to doing so. I could see Braun destroying him afterward to keep momentum. We'll see. This will probably get a rematch on Raw at any rate.
    - I expect Swann to retain. Heel turn for TJP seems in the works.
    - It seems a little anticlimactic for New Day to lose now, but maybe the challengers catch them off-guard? I could see this stretching out a little longer before a title change. New Day don't really have anyone else who can credibly take the titles from them unless Creative pairs some people up.
    - Sasha finally knocks Charlotte off. Hopefully. This has gone on forever. Then Sasha vs. Nia and Charlotte vs. Bayley.
    - Owens inadvertently costs Y2J the match. Logically, they're on a collision course for the Rumble.
    - Owens retains.

    ReplyDelete