Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 12/6/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Ellsworth/Ambrose:
Uh-oh. You can't fly with your foot in a boot, and I'm guessing you can't compete for the WWE Title, either.
 
Hopefully it's just a week off for Styles. 2017 could be a big year for him.

I love Ellsworth being delusional enough to think he can beat AJ for the title.

Hahahaha.

Ambrose is going to be an interesting position going forward, since he presumably isn't getting another shot at the title. With Cena returning soon and Taker around, he could easily be moved back down the card.

- Bray/Orton vs. Slater/Rhyno:
Slater's motivated to get those titles back! He's got kids to feed!!

I hope Slater and Rhyno don't split and feud. At least not without good reason. They're fun as a duo, especially when the other Slaters are involved.

I'm liking the pairing of Bray and Randy.

Slater's fired up. I like it.

NICE ending. All hail the new Wyatts.

- Kalisto promo:
Kalisto's either brave or stupid. He got seriously destroyed by Baron Corbin on Sunday.

- Carmella/Natalya/Nikki:
Oh WOW a Tonya Harding reference in 2016? Carmella was six when that happened!!

When you only have a few people in the division, you have to do booking like this so no one looks too weak. If Natalya beats Carmella clean, it could hurt whatever's left of The Princess of Staten Island's momentum.

I'd actually welcome Eva Marie returning given how small this division is.

- Corbin promo:
Not a great promo, but I guess it's hard to reinvent the wheel on "I'm big and he's small."

- Ascension/H. Bros promo:
Konnor and Viktor haven't won as a duo in ten months. Their last win was over Fandango and Damien Sandow - who's not even in the company anymore!

Hype Bros vs. Wyatts would be interesting.

- Ascension vs. H. Bros:
I like the teamwork from Team Wasteland.

This isn't bad!

Basic, but it does what it needs to.

How big of a shock would that have been if Viktor won with the rollup?

Good for what it was.

- MizTV:
I love Miz's gloating.

GOD Miz is so good at getting under people's skins.

Miz pulling the strings as always haha.

Hahahahaha Miz's award.

The Bryan/Miz games continue.

Ooooh that was a good setup for the main event.

- Corbin vs. Kalisto:
I'm going to write off Kalisto's cartwheel as mind games.

I like the strategy from the former U.S. Champion.

This is good!

That was a SICK, SICK counter.

- Nikki/Grace:
Not wrestling-related. Move on.

- Breezango:
These guys are funny. I wish we got to see more of them as characters.

- Gable vs. Breeze:
Chad is absolutely unbelievable as a talent.

I like the partners getting involved.

Based Gable.

And that's why you don't get involved in an American Alpha match. Good God what a suplex.

OH SHIT WHAT A FINISHER.

- Alexa/Becky:
Based Alexa heeling it up.

This is good.

Alexa has ARRIVED.

Solid first segment from the new champ. She's earned a shot at that level.

- Ambrose vs. Miz:
Nice feeling out to start.

I love the use of Maryse. What a jerk move.

Fun work from the champ as always.

Solid work from both men.

This is nice psychology.

REALLY good counter to the missile dropkick. Miz is really hitting a stride lately.

I could never see a suicide dive again and be good, I think.

BEAUTIFUL segment with Miz countering the goofy clothesline, then Ambrose countering the SCF.

This is really good.

Another nice spot with Maryse. I'm glad the heels are actually acting like heels.

Based Ellsworth. I really want to see Miz have an entourage with him, Kenny, and Mikey.

Good ending.

-- 205 Live: 
- Cedric/Alicia:
Welp. Looks like that ship's about to sail!

- Noam vs. Cedric:
Noam Dar is simply incredible. Very crisp at such a young age.

This is good!

Noam's quickly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers, and I've only seen him a few times. He's on point.

I mean, this is really solid. I'm loving all the work on the arm.

NICE spot where Cedric can't win via Lumbar Check because of Noam wearing down the arm. I miss that kind of psychology.

This is something else. Great storytelling here.

Nice match!

- Dar promo:
WELP. That was a one-way ticket to Basedtown. Looking forward to more from Noam.

- Mustafa promo:
They have to be really careful with a Middle Eastern heel in 2016.

I look forward to what he's going to bring to the table. I'm glad to see some new faces due to this show.

- Swann/TJP:
Heel turn incoming? Perkins can be an effective douche.

- Ariya vs. Gallagher:
OK, I love Jacky Boy, but I don't want him to be overexposed so early.

Gallagher's a lot of fun to watch.

Daivari's not standing for these shenanigans.

Nice work here.

Not bad at all! Good heel work from "The Other Daivari."

- Kendrick promo:
That was pretty good. Keep your eyes on Kendrick. I think he's someone they can do good stuff with for a while to come.

- Swann vs. Kendrick:
Good work early.

I like the technical work on display.

Kendrick is REALLY good. He's definitely stepped his game up for this run.

Swann's incredible.

NICE counters and action all around here. I'm impressed.

I'm loving the story about the Captain's Hook. It's being sold as effective.

Nice stuff all around. Both men making a statement here.

Interesting use of Perkins here. Triple threat coming?

That was pretty good.

- Post-match:
Well this is pretty fun!

Hahaha Kendrick playing them like a fiddle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment