Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2016

ROH and Total Nonstop Deletion Reax - 12/15/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's special episodes of ROH and Impact Wrestling.
-- ROH:
- Purrazzo video:
I like Deonna. She's getting to work a little bit of everywhere.

Deonna could definitely be someone to focus on if WWE doesn't pick her up. I'm under the impression she wants to get work outside their system before settling down anywhere.

- LeRae video:
I wasn't crazy about that. A little too cheesecake for me.

- Purrazzo vs. LeRae:
Nice start.

I love some straightfoward technical wrestling. I wouldn't want a whole show of basic mat stuff, but it's simple and effective.

Oh God WOH has suicide dives, too!? The spot isn't as impressive as it should be because it's done so often it's more telling when someone doesn't bust one out.

I'm enjoying this. Deonna's someone worth keeping an eye on.

Good story of working on Candice's arm. I like Deonna working as the heel.

Candice isn't bad at all! I like what she's doing here.

Oh yeah, Deonna's solid.

Good story and a good match.

- Kennadi/Veda vs. Sakai/Jackson:
Well this is awkward!!

I liked Veda's heel move there.

This is an odd combination of wrestlers, for sure.

Looks like we're in comedy match territory now.

Not bad here. Sakai's definitely solid.

Yeah, not feeling the comedy here.

Brink's not bad at all.

That was good enough.

- Leon video:
Blah blah blah blah. Mandy's in a tough position championing this division that's finally expanding instead of trying to make it in WWE.

Uninspiring babyface promo.

- Leon vs. Havok:
I've missed Havok.

I like the story being told here with their different sizes.

Havok dominating people is fun to watch.

I like the power going on here.

Umm, how about beat her, THEN beat her with a chair?

That was just a bad ending. It'd be different if we were getting a tag match next week, but I don't expect it to pay off on TV or PPV.

- Post-match:
Havok just wrecking fools.


- Klein vs. ODB:
Oh God I hope this isn't another comedy match.

ODB is on that line between comedy wrestler and brawler, and it's kind of hard to pull that off.

Klein's solid enough.

OK, Klein's impressing me more after the break.

I do like this heating up more.

Nice suplexes from Klein.

I liked that ending.

-- Total Nonstop Deletion:
- Opening:
This has got to be the craziest thing I've ever seen on a wrestling program.

- Matt/Spud:
That Charlotte joke hit a little too close to home. N.C. is a wreck right now for reasons other than deletion.

Spud put forth all that work only to be outshined by a 2nd-generation superstar. Nepotism sucks.

Who signed off on the Hardys being able to book this show anyway?

Poor Spud haha.

I don't even know what to say at this point.

- Maxel vs. Spud:
Spud putting the new guy over.

- Inferno:
Can't say I expected to see him on TNA TV again!

- Lashley and Edwards arrive:
I loved the contrast there. I wonder what they think about being involved in something so crazy.

- Helms Dynasty:
The Hardys and Friends show continues. That's OK, though, I love The Hurricane.

- Matt/The Express That Rocks and Rolls:
This is really happening on a wrestling show in 2016. It's been a wild year.

- Sienna/Vanguard-1/ODB:
Nice continuity nod with not allowing Rosemary to be on the Compound.

I would have popped for Vanguard pinning someone.

I mean literally what in the fuck. How big is this compound!? Does ODB pay rent?

- Sienna vs. ODB:
Weird to have seen ODB on ROH and TNA TV so close together.

This is pretty much what I expected, action-wise.

HAHAHAHAHAHA V-1's interference. Might as well have him make the count.

Fine for what it needed to be.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Insane.

- Matt/Dynasty of Helms:
I will pop SO hard if Helms comes back as Sugar Shane Helms.

- Itchweeed vs. Sterling:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that sleeper spot. Dead.

Wild as it needed to be.

- Post-match:
I thought we were in for a CZW match there for a second.

- Edwards vs. Lashley:
I like Lashley getting the advantage early.

This is pretty good. I love Lashley.

Nice chop spot with the fans.

Solid action from both men. Eddie's been programmed well.

Pretty heated action.

NICE powerbomb spot. That was cool.

JESUS CHRIST WHAT A SPEAR GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!

I guess that's a no-contest then. Where the heck is EC3?

- Apocalypto:
Literally what the fuck am I watching? This is the craziest combination of things I've seen in wrestling.

Can't blame Helms for getting out of Dodge!

I guess this is falls count anywhere!

Everyone fighting everyone!

This is really something else. Very fresh compared to what we're seeing in WWE and ROH.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA Skarsgard's run-in.

YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS 3 Count is back!!!!!

This is just the craziest thing. I don't know what else to say. It's fun.

What in the world is even happening? Nero's about to take a bump into a volcano!?

OH GOD THIS ISN'T GOING TO END WELL IS IT?

Wild action from the other teams.

OHHHHH MY GOOOODDDDDDDDD WHAT A SWANTON!!!!!!

Nero's insane.

WHAT!? SWOGGLE!!!???? Did NOT see that shit coming.

I'll mark out if Lashley and Eddie end up winning as a duo. This is genius for its sheer insanity.

Hahahahaha even half of LOD is here!

This is insane. Sorry about your damn luck, DCC.

I just saw a volcano erupt in the middle of a wrestling match. My life is now complete.

And the tag team wildness continues. Jesus.

Loving the silly cameos, especially Helms'.

Nice burial joke. I'm dead. This is great.

And we've got fire involved, too!

OH MY GOD that had to hurt Abyss.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH poor Steve.

Jesus Christ that was beautiful.

- Post-match:
We have reached maximum deletion. What a show!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment