Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2016

NXT live event note and Questions on FloSlam vs. WWE Network, WWE title design, how the UK Title will work, and Owen/Chyna in the Hall of Fame

Patrick Clark and Oney Lorcan worked as a team at an NXT live event this weekend, so that could be getting a tryout as a regular pairing. That could be an interesting combination of the serious Lorcan and... whatever Clark is.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. They could have 500 live shows a month, but if people want to watch WWE/NXT/205 Live content instead, it won't be worth it to check out FloSlam at that or any price point.

2. I love the new title's look. I don't dislike the main roster titles other than the colors of the straps. I see why they went the way they did, though. "Just put a big WWE logo on it and make sure one's red for Raw and one's blue for Smackdown goddamnit." At least AJ's title didn't get changed to a blue strap.

3. I think it's just going to be defended among UK wrestlers in the UK. The plan is to make a regular show in that market separate from Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205 Live. If that doesn't work out, I imagine they'll have it defended at places like PROGRESS, RevPro, etc.

4. Until/unless Martha Hart consents to him going into the Hall of Fame, I don't see WWE putting him in. But stranger things have happened, so I wouldn't totally rule out seeing him in the Hall someday. I just don't think it's imminent.

5. I think they could induct her and just focus on her wrestling accomplishments, with someone like Sean Waltman speaking on her behalf. Or maybe they wait for the DX group induction. We'll have a better idea when the 2017 Hall season starts.

More wrestling tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment