Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2016

ROH Final Battle Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.
- Story Time:
I hope this guy goes on to bigger things. He's ready.

- MCMG/Dijak vs. The Rebellion:
So, I guess The Cabinet has a name change. If it doesn't lead anywhere of note, it doesn't really mean much. There's potential for an "ROH sucks" stable, but if we can't believe they can actually change the landscape, they don't have any teeth.

It's the "flashy opening meaningless trios match." Take a drink.

You know, moves and shit.

I do like Donovan Dijak hossin' it up.

I'm definitely impressed with what Dijak can pull off at his size.

Superkicks and dives to the outside? Take a drink.

And more moves and stuff. I don't really see how this changed the landscape of ROH or anything, which should be the point of ROH. I'd like to see The Rebellion actually rebel by not doing kicks, flips, and fancy combination moves like everyone else on the roster.

- Liger vs. Silas:
And here's the "ROH guy jobs to an NJPW guy" match I'm guessing.

OH YES BASED SILAS GIVES NO FUCKS ABOUT LIGER'S LEGACY.

Oh, I'm liking the work from the heels here. This is good. I was expecting "Liger's greatest hits" and a quick job from Silas.

Liger's still got it well enough to not ruin his legacy in there.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ROH!!!!! I love and respect Liger, but this was a good moment for Silas.

- Cabana vs. Castle:
I'm not against Colt passing the torch to Castle at all.

This is good so far.

Wow, that went faster than I expected. I guess we're in for some long matches later.

- Brandi/Cody/Lethal/Addiction:
Really clever vest from Lethal. I don't think I'd mind him jumping to NXT/WWE. He's certainly good enough if he can find a way to stand out and doesn't just get the "wrestler you know from somewhere else" gimmick.

I'm not a fan of so much putting everyone else over. Obviously, I don't want everyone to bury everyone, but all this "you're so great I can't wait to wrestle you" stuff is SSSSOOOOOO lame.

- Cody vs. Lethal:
Good stuff early.

I'm glad we're seeing this match. It doesn't have a ton of heat to it, but it's solid.

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of the multiple dives spot.

Lethal's a good wrestler, but is missing that something that makes a bunch of moves more than a bunch of moves. I guess it's the ROH style.

I'm loving the submissions.

This is quite solid!

Oh yay a random heel turn. That was stupid. It had no build to it.

- Cody/Lethal/Addiction:
Cody just became 1,000 times more interesting.

Cody's SAVAGE.

I guess they're going to rush Cody/Corino so Corino can (likely) head to WWE. Fine by me, I guess.

- Kingdom vs. Rush/White/KUSHIDA:
Kingdom B-Team.

KUSHIDA's pretty talented.

And White does his thing well, too. He's not very interesting, but he's got skills.

And more MOVES. I guess I'm just worn out with that style?

Dives and flips. You know how it goes.

Same old shit. I pretty much tuned out mentally.

- No Bobby Fish:
I wish him the best dealing with a death in the family. As big of a night as this is for ROH, he needs to have his mind in the right place if he's going to be able to contribute here. He absolutely has the right to put his family first.

- Scurll vs. Ospreay vs. Lee:
BritFlips.

Ohhhhh boy it's that kind of match.

I do like the kicks and stomps and such.

Ospreay's athleticism is absolutely insane. I mean HOLY SHIT.

This is really wild!

I like what Scurll brings to the table.

Lee's growing on me.

Heck, Scurll's growing on me, too, but this is the first time I've seen him.

Not bad at all!

- Bucks vs. Briscoes:
I like "serious ass-kicking Briscoes."

The Bucks are really athletic, hardworking people and no one can ever take that away from them.

Heck, the Briscoes have their working boots on, too.

I don't know how the Bucks do some of this crazy stuff!

UUUGGGGGHHHH finisher kickout. I'm glad we haven't seen a ton of that on this show.

Good fucking GOD what a stunner from Mark. That could have killed Matt.

I respect the "everyone does insane moves" style now, since the fans of it aren't going to be fooled into thinking it's real anyway. So they might as well just try to impress them with a lot of flips and shit.

That was something else!

- MATT HARDY:
UMM WHAT THE FUCK!!!???

The Hardys have some serious pull in TNA, huh? I wonder what the future holds for them. Do they just leave TNA when their deals are up or is this a Brock-UFC thing or what?

- Cole vs. O'Reilly:
So, "no DQ" means a ton of run-ins, right? Fine by me.

I'm liking this so far. It's a FIGHT.

Kyle's talented. That's for sure.

Kyle's like "I'm not losing this one, you dick."

FUCK! They're not wasting any time with the weapons/blood. Fine by me!

OH YEAH. I miss hardcore.

This is just insane. I love it.

"Look just go out there and kill each other with whatever you can find."

I LOVE the idea of hardcore vs. submissions. That's pretty cool.

OH MY GOD this is brutal.

That was something else! He earnedthe win.

- Post-match promo:
"That guy who just tried to kill me? Yeah he's alright." This is why I hate ROH.

Yeah too goody two-shoes for me here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment